Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Talk Time Tuesday: Rating the Guys on Grey's Anatomy

Heidi Rice - coming late to the Seattle Surgical Soap - has given scores out of ten for the main man candy in Seasons 1-3... All in the interests of provoking an interesting and informative debate about hot men in scrubs.

I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm sure that someone's done this before on PHS, because I am about a decade and a half late watching Grey's Anatomy. But I've been binge-watching it all over Christmas and I am now officially obsessed... So bear with me people. Here are my ratings for the guys of Seattle Grace Hospital (that I've seen so far). If you've seen this show and have an opinion join in!


Doctor Derek Shepherd (aka McDreamy aka Patrick Dempsey) 

5/10

Meredith Grey's main squeeze right from the opening scene of the opening show, McDreamy scores points for being Meredith's go-to guy for the three series I've watched so far... He's cute, charming, has great hair and the best puppy dog eyes in the business - especially when Meredith is being a bitch to him which is quite a lot frankly (maybe that should be whipped puppy dog eyes)... But sorry, folks, this guy has NO EDGE. Everyone beats up on him, his ex-wife, his best mate McSteamy, even his dog dies! At the close of season three all I want to do is smack him (and not in a good way).


Intern George O'Malley (aka TR Knight)

6/10

I found George a bit annoying at first (even more sulky and pouty and puppy-doggy than McDreamy to start with)... He's the guy next door type - who kept accidentally sleeping with all his pals. But at the end of Season three he seems to be leaving Seattle Grace (no spoilers folks, if you know different), and I actually felt kind of sad and fond of him. So I think he must have snuck up on me a bit with all his pouting.


Doctor Preston Burke (aka Isaiah Washington)

6.5/10

Focused, intense, ambitious, our resident heart surgeon Preston seems at first to have had a bit of a heart bypass.  Until he meets his ultimate match in Sandra Oh's Christina Yang. Preston also has the most chiselled jaw I've ever seen this side of Mount Rushmore. But he is also a control freak. Which can be sexy, but only in small doses... ie: this guy has a bit too much edge. That said, the wedding vows he never got to deliver made me sigh.


Doctor Mark Sloan (aka McSteamy aka Eric Dane)

7/10

As you know I cannot resist a bad boy, and plastic surgeon McSteamy is a very bad boy. Flirty, dirty, shallow, selfish, and self-absorbed, not only did Mark sleep with his best friend's wife (see above) but he is also a self-confessed man whore. He's handsome (never a bad thing) also has great hair and did I mention dirty... But this guy had slept with or hit on pretty much every woman in scrubs within three episodes of joining the cast. So he's dirty, but not always in a good way. ie, this guy would DEFINITELY give you a communicable disease.


Dead Guy Denny Duquette (aka Jeffrey Dean Morgan)

8/10

Be still my beating heart, Denny is poetic and gorgeous, the patient that Katherine Heigl's Izzy has a mad tragic love affair with - and who has stubble to die for. That he managed to make an impression while being hooked up to an IV and wearing sickly green heart-condition makeup for nearly a whole series is impressive. Unfortunately though he became a corpse by the end of season 2 or he would have scored higher. Although he did get an encore as a ghost which gave us a brief glimpse of what he would have been like if he had not had such a dodgy ticker (who knew he was so tall and was swathy not sickly green).


Intern Alex Karev (aka Justin Chambers)

10/10

Fellow intern Alex was  a slow-burn through Seasons one and two... Basically just your resident dickhead sleeping with everyone he could get his hands on. But as soon as he started scrubbing in with McDreamy's ex Meredith and getting proper storylines involving sick babies and amnesiac ferry disaster survivors, he turned out to be the dark horse of Grey's Anatomy man-candy. Alex is a good guy in bad boy's clothing.. A good guy who can't commit. And I have a feeling there's something tortured and traumatic in his past, which is why he can't commit. Which means he has LAYERS... He's also sexy, but not too sexy. And his hair is NOT great. And LAYERS people!! I think there is much more to discover about Alex, which may involve more sick babies and possibly puppies. Seriously, this show could run and run... Oh wait a minute, it did, and I missed it.

But not anymore.



Agree? Disagree? Let me know who you would scrub in for at Seattle Grace in the comments?

While I get stuck into Season 4.



Heidi's first classic Presents Vows They Can't Escape is out this month in the US and next month in the UK. She also tutors a 7-week online writing course - An Introduction to Writing Hot Romance - which will be running again from 20th February for anyone interested in finding out how to write hot romance. Obviously.

5 comments:

  1. I have to confess, I haven't seen it either. Which I don't think is a bad thing because I adore binge watching almost as much as the shows I stay up all night watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check it out... It's basically a surgical soap but with a lot more glamour than Casualty (and better ops).

      Delete
  2. wow very nic...post
    www.shayarixyz.com
    www.funmazalo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been a Grey's fan since the getgo, Heidi and have been team Mark for as long as he was in the show!

    And Jeffrey Dean Morgan well...what can I say. I loved him in the last season of The Good Wife and in the movie PS I love you and as Denny. He's kinda ruining the sparkle as arch villian in Walking Dead though at the moment.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, I couldn't get into The Walking Dead, tried it a couple of times but it was just too gory for me. Turns out sewing on severed arms worked better for me than chewing them off... Now I'm thinking I may have to try it out again.

    ReplyDelete