For Pasta Chips (or you can go lazy and use tortilla chips)
12 wonton wrappers
1 egg white, frothed
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon oregano or ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
For Nacho Toppings:
½ pounds Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 (10 ounce) container Alfredo sauce
½ cup chopped tomato
¼ cup sliced green onion
1 (2 ¼) can sliced ripe olives
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers or 2 tablespoons chopped banana peppers
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cut wontons into 4 triangles each and toss lightly in olive oil.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with a single layer of wontons.
3. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with oregano or Italian seasoning.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. While cooking the nachos in the oven, heat the sauce, brown the Italian sausage and drain fat.
6. On a platter layer the pasta chips, sausage, and sauce. Top with the tomato, onions, olives and peppers. Finish with shredded cheese and red pepper flakes.
7. Place in warm oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese and serve.
Melinda Curtis is an award-winning USA Today bestselling author. You can sample her writing (while eating nachos) in several holiday box sets - All I Want For Christmas (all proceeds to fund diabetes research), A Heartwarming Holiday (99c), A Heartwarming Thanksgiving - and two new releases in two different series - Marrying the Single Dad (book 8, Harmony Valley series), You May Now Kiss the Bridesmaid (book 4, Bridesmaids series).