Sunday, October 02, 2016

Weekend Wildcard: Fall Food!

Pink Heart Society columnist Jill Kemerer shares her favorite fall food and wants to hear yours!

October is here! In Northern Ohio, the leaves are changing, the temperatures finally cooled down and I'm serving up mouthwatering yum-yums (this phrase was coined by my friend Kat! Thanks, Kat!) on the weekends!

The menu yesterday? Buffalo Chicken Dip, Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies and chili!

My chili recipe changes every time I make it, or I'd share the recipe with you. Same with the Buffalo Chicken Dip! But I don't mess with my Peanut Butter Blossoms. Here is a link to the recipe I use: "Peanut Butter Blossoms" via The New York Times.

I love cooking and baking in the fall. I gravitate toward down-home, hearty food. Think lasagna, beef stew, black bean soup, pot roast, mashed potatoes and creamy homemade macaroni and cheese.

Coffee gets fun this time of year, too. I'm a fan of a chain of coffee shops called Bigby Coffee, and they have a delicious flavor called Michigan Cherry. Throw some cream and sugar in it--divine! I like to buy spectacularly bad for you flavored creamers for my coffee at hom. Peppermint Mocha, Sweet Cream, Cinnabon, White Chocolate Raspberry. So good!

Let's move on to desserts. One of the ladies at church brought a pumpkin cheesecake bar to a recent potluck. Pumpkin and cheesecake just go together, if you ask me. Have you ever tried apple brownies? They're basically a blondie recipe but instead of chocolate chips, you mix in diced apples. Add some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and you won't be able to stop eating. And you can never go wrong with a chocolate sheet cake.

As you can see, I love fall food.

I'd love to hear what fall food YOU love! Leave a comment!!

And if you're in the mood for a sweet fall romance, give my September 2015, Unexpected Family, novel a try! 

Purchase HERE!

After five years apart, Tom Sheffield is shocked to find his ex-wife, Stephanie, on his doorstep. The news that they share a child he's never met sends him reeling. Four-year-old Macy has his eyes, his mouth and, from their first encounter, his heart. Things with her mother are much more complicated. He doesn't understand what went wrong between them or why she kept their daughter a secret. And he's afraid of falling in love all over again. Yet he feels a glimmer of hope that somehow he can convince Macy and Stephanie to stay in Lake Endwell—and with him—for keeps.

***

Jill Kemerer writes Christian romance novels with love, humor and faith for Harlequin Love Inspired. Jill loves coffee, M&Ms, fluffy animals, magazines and her hilarious family. Visit her website, jillkemerer.com, and connect with Jill on Facebook, Twitter and sign up for her Newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment