Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Little Something for the Weekend - Magic in Christmas Town

Pink Heart Society columnist Tara Taylor Quinn is talking about how writing is an essential part of her...

I’m a firm believer in things unseen. And a skeptic when it comes to coincidence. 
I believe everything happens for a reason. 

And that there are all kinds of helpmates and comforts offered up to us in this world if we keep our eyes open and are willing to see them. I don’t think these ‘things’ or ‘talents’ are open only to those gifted with them. I think we ALL have been gifted with them. Some of us have easier access than others – based on personality, upbringing, environment, circumstance, talents – but we all have equal ability.

Take, for instance, the morning I woke up dreaming that I was lying face to face with someone very dear to me who was angry with me. I dreamed I was telling her to listen to her heart, to trust, to take a chance. In the dream there was a lot going on around us and I had to raise my voice to be heard. 

I woke up feeling such intense emotion I started to cry. Later that day I found out that the person in my dream had been in the last hour of a 12-hour labor to give birth. This was no coincidence. This was real life lived to the core.


I’m so excited to have the chance to bring this kind of living to you without restraint. Without worry about whether or not it’s saleable, but just because it’s an incredibly strong truth that will not be denied. 

In Christmas Past I told the story in my heart. I let it live and breathe as it had to do. Like Bella, you might not believe. Even if you’ve lived a life that made you one of the ones where ‘getting it’ comes easy. But I hope that you’ll at least give us a chance – Spirit and I – to share life with you for a little while. To touch your heart. And hopefully to bring you at least a momentary sense of real joy.

Tara Taylor Quinn's latest story, Christmas Past can be found in the A Heartwarming Holiday collection, out now:

This holiday season, warm your heart with 15 connected sweet, clean & wholesome holiday romances set in Christmas Town from 15 Harlequin Heartwarming authors who are USA Today, national bestselling, and award-winning authors. 

There are five connected books in A Heartwarming Holiday. That means each set of three novellas shares characters and storylines! 

Book 1: Once Upon a Holiday by Anna Adams, Anna J Stewart & Melinda Curtis: Three former college roommates start a business to bring the magic of the holidays to everyone in Christmas Town. 

Book 2: Holiday Heroes by Leigh Riker, Tara Randel & Cari Lynn Webb: 
Three former Navy SEALs come together to restore an outdated resort. 

Book 3: 24 North Pole Lane by Carol Ross, Amy Vastine & Cheryl Harper: Romance is being delivered to 24 North Pole Lane this holiday season. 

Book 4: Magic Moments by Tara Taylor Quinn, Shirley Hailstock & Liz Flaherty: 
Three different times, three different stories. They all bring magic to Christmas Town. 

Book 5: Nutcracker Sweethearts by Dana Mentink, Roz Denny Fox, & Amie Denman: 
As the stage production of the Nutcracker unfolds in Christmas Town, three couples find love with the help of a little holiday magic! 
 


And don't forget, included in A HEARTWARMING HOLIDAY is an exclusive coupon worth $1.00 off any Heartwarming title from Harlequin.com. Who doesn't love heartwarming romances?

To find out more about Tara and her books, you can visit her website and follow her on InstagramPinterestTwitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment