Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Fun: Move Over, Crazy Cat Lady...


Today on The Pink Heart Society, author
Taryn Leigh Taylor discusses the slippery slope of collecting things.



My name is Taryn, and I'm an addict.

I've loved dinosaurs my whole life. They are awesome. I've seen Jurassic Park too many times. In fact, I'm still a little bit sad I didn't become a paleontologist. And all this new talk about feathers? I'm in heaven.
  

Truthfully, I always thought it was a pretty good thing to love. Unlike books and shoes and stationery products, dinosaur love doesn't present itself in the form of shelves and shelves worth of stuff. I just watched documentaries and read articles and streamed YouTube videos. And I had one adorable little dino stuffed animal, and life was good.

Meet Romantosaurus Rex.
 But then something awful happened. 

Dinosaurs became a whole new level of cool...the level when they start be available as moderately expensive home decor.

Yes. I own a T-Rex side table.

But that's okay, right? One tasteful dinosaur table tucked into a corner beside the couch. No big deal. Until giant T-Rex fossil head hit the stores and I HAD TO HAVE HIM.

T-Rex fossil head decked out in his holiday best.
And then, just last week, I was innocently browsing bookends, and these bad boys practically begged to come home with me. What was I to do? I couldn't just leave them there.

Dinos + Books = Taryn's Happy Place
And that's just the stuff I caved on! There are a bunch of amazing statues and pictures and I already know that if I ever find a dinosaur lamp it's going to take all of my will power not to bring it home with me.  

I live in constant fear that I'm becoming the crazy dinosaur lady whose whole house is going to end up looking like the prop room for Jurassic World, Chris Pratt not included.

The missing piece to my collection.

So make a girl feel better, and tell me about your out-of-control collections and how much you love them in the comments below!




Taryn Leigh Taylor's first novel, KISS AND MAKEUP, was shortlisted for the Kobo Emerging Writer Prize.



If you'd like to learn more about Taryn or her novels, check out her website. If you'd like to connect, she can be found on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Taryn. Congrats on the the Kobo Emerging Writer honor!! Books are my biggest weakness. I also confess to having a rather extensive DVD/Bluray collection of favorite movies and TV shows.

    ReplyDelete