Friday, September 02, 2016

Friday Fun - Football Season: Love It or Hate It?

Pink Heart Society columnist Jill Kemerer asks the big question today, and it's about American football...




If you live in the United States, then for better or for worse, football is here! With that in mind, I'm taking a poll.

Football Season: Love it or Hate it??


Full disclosure here. I LOVE IT!! Yes! I do!!

This is The Big House, home to the Michigan Wolverines, taken a few years ago. That's me in front!

I did not grow up with parents who lived for football, although my grandpa sure watched it religiously every Sunday. My husband and I naturally began enjoying football when we moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan. For those of you who don't know, Ann Arbor is the home of the University of Michigan and "The Big House," their football stadium.



Ann Arbor is a super fun little college town, and I'm a Maize and Blue fan for life. Sorry, Spartan fans (Michigan State is loved by my mother's side of the family and several local friends), but all I have to say is "Go Blue!"



We no longer live in Ann Arbor. We moved to northern Ohio, which happens to be split with Michigan fans and Ohio State fans.  Ohio State and Michigan are rivals, so it can get pretty interesting around here. Last fall I took a Saturday stroll, wearing my gorgeous Michigan shirt, and do you know what happened? Three--yes, three!!--cars slowed down to yell things at me.



I wish they were yelling, "Go Blue," too, but unfortunately they were yelling, "Get a new shirt," and "Go Bucks."



One reason I love football is it's in the fall. Autumn is spectacular! If my husband and I have a free Saturday, we brew a pot of coffee and watch College Game Day on ESPN. Then we watch the games that appeal to us most, and I usually whip up some yummy snacks. Nachos and hot wings just seem like the right way to go!



Sundays are football-friendly, too, but I'm a Detroit Lions fan, and let's just say, they usually let me down. I still love 'em. And hate 'em. It's part of being a fan.


So I'd love to hear your opinion. Fess up! How do you feel about football?




Jill Kemerer writes Christian romance novels with love, humor and faith for Harlequin Love Inspired. Jill loves coffee, M&Ms, fluffy animals, magazines and her hilarious family. Visit her website, jillkemerer.com, and connect with Jill on Facebook, Twitter and sign up for her Newsletter.

HER SMALL-TOWN ROMANCE is available now!




Finding Her Way Home



Cozy Lake Endwell, Michigan, seems the perfect place for Jade Emerson's new T-shirt shop—and perhaps a fresh start. After a lifetime of letdowns, she is finally ready to face the future on her own. So when local wilderness guide Bryan Sheffield offers to help Jade overcome a past trauma, she warns him they will remain strictly business.

But soon, with the help of Bryan's big, complicated family and a boisterous St. Bernard named Teeny, Jade's frozen heart begins to thaw. Now Jade wonders if she can return the favor, bringing a little happiness to a man who has long kept his own sorrow under wraps…




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill. I have to admit that I don't really enjoy football. Back in college I used to enjoy watching the games (Go Syracuse!) and from time to time I watch my New England Patriots, but I'd rather be reading or cooking. My husband is a big lover of football so I live vicariously through him. I am very excited about Fall though. I love everything about it...the leaves, the smell in the air, pumpkins, Halloween. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill. I have to admit that I don't really enjoy football. Back in college I used to enjoy watching the games (Go Syracuse!) and from time to time I watch my New England Patriots, but I'd rather be reading or cooking. My husband is a big lover of football so I live vicariously through him. I am very excited about Fall though. I love everything about it...the leaves, the smell in the air, pumpkins, Halloween. Great post!

    ReplyDelete