Saturday, July 02, 2016

Weekend Wildcard - What I'm Reading!


Pink Heart Society columnist Jill Kemerer shares her current reading list, and, as usual, it's eclectic!



It's summer! And you know what that means--I'm busting out my to-be-read pile and taking no prisoners. I read four books last week. I hope that doesn't mean I have a "problem." If it does, I commit to this problem for the remainder of my days because I LOVE BOOKS!!

Some of the books on this list I've recently read while others are waiting on my end table or Kindle. Don't worry--I'll tell you which ones are which. 

Okay, let's talk reading! In no particular order...



I read this book last weekend, and I'm so glad I did! It won the 2016 ECPA award in Fiction, a 2016 Christy award for historical romance, and it's nominated for several others awards, including ACFW's Carol Award! Set during the Reformation in the vicinity of Wittenberg, Germany, Luther and Katharina is a Christian historical novel about how Martin Luther and Katharina von Bora fell in love. I really enjoyed the historical backdrop, and this was a nail-biter. The writing was superb!


This book is on  my end table just begging me to read it! I've read most of Miss Quinn's Bridgerton series, and I'm beyond excited to dive into this one. Julia Quinn writes mainstream historical romance at a medium heat level, and her books are always witty and romantic. Ooh-la-la!


I read this nonfiction book of essays over the weekend. If you're familiar with the American television programs, The Office or The Mindy Project, you'll know Mindy Kaling. She's a super smart actress, writer, producer and director. I love her honest, funny take on the single life and on being a star. Great book!


The Harlequin Love Inspired Alaskan Groom's series continues! I just got my copy of this book last week, and the cover is so gorgeous I just stare at it randomly. This is NEXT on my TBR pile. In fact, I may have already devoured this beauty by the time you read this! Jealous? Of course you are. But you can get your own copy by clicking on the book link above...


Yep, this is a children's book! I ordered it through our library because it looked so whimsical and charming. I'm picking it up later today. Smiling about it already!

So there's my reading list. I'd love to get YOUR recommendations! Please leave a comment and share your list!

***


Jill's latest book, Her Small-Town Romance, a Harlequin Love Inspired, is available now! 


Finding Her Way Home

Cozy Lake Endwell, Michigan, seems the perfect place for Jade Emerson's new T-shirt shop—and perhaps a fresh start. After a lifetime of letdowns, she is finally ready to face the future on her own. So when local wilderness guide Bryan Sheffield offers to help Jade overcome a past trauma, she warns him they will remain strictly business. But soon, with the help of Bryan's big, complicated family and a boisterous St. Bernard named Teeny, Jade's frozen heart begins to thaw. Now Jade wonders if she can return the favor, bringing a little happiness to a man who has long kept his own sorrow under wraps…



***

Jill Kemerer writes Christian romance novels with love, humor and faith for Harlequin Love Inspired. Jill loves coffee, M&Ms, fluffy animals, magazines and her hilarious family. Visit her website, http://jllkemerer.com/, and connect with Jill on Facebook, Twitter and sign up for her Newsletter.

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading Firewall by Diann Mills. I highly recommend it.if you're in the mood for non-stop action.

    Beyond all Dreams by Elizabeth Camden is $1.99 (ebook)through today.

    I'm all reading Michelle Major's Crimson Falls series from Harlequin's SSE line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, JCP, I've been meaning to try Diann Mills! I'm adding it to my list! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. It was fantastic! She's on my auto-read list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I find a new-to-me awesome writer!!

      Delete