Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Fun - Who's Your Protector?

Pink Heart Society columnist Jenna Kernan is talking about her usual workspace, and also those more unusual, moving workspaces!


This month finishes up my first Harlequin Intrigue series: APACHE PROTECTORS.  I'm happy to announce that I will have a miniseries: APACHE PROTECTORS: TRIBAL THUNDER in January 2017.

My heroes, Kino, Clay, Gabe and Clyne Cosen, all protect their families, their tribe, their heroines and their heritage. 

We are surrounded by protectors

Writing so many protectors has me thinking about protectors.  I'm a resident of New York State.  Yesterday I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  On my way through Grand Central Terminal I passed at least eight national guard personal, two NYC police and a police dog.  On my walk uptown, I was passed by a fire truck with siren wailing.  Today I have a team from my electric company working on the natural gas lines outside my house to keep us safe.

When I was a child, we had a dog, Spooker, a big gray Weimerainer.  She would not let any of us kids, "her babies" set out of the yard.  If we tried, she grabbed us by the seat of our pants and sat us down.  That dog was my protector as I was learning to walk.

Two summers ago, I swam out to two exhausted swimmers on an overturned jet-ski and swam them in to the sandbar where the police boat picked them up and transported them to medical attention.  I guess that day, I was their protector.

My teachers, my parents, the lifeguard who taught me to swim.  The physician who set my arm and the dentist who repaired a cavity.  They are all protectors. 

I'll bet a lot of the readers of Pink Heart Society are protecting someone and have been protected by someone.


So who have you protected and whose your protector?  Let me know in the comments! 

Jenna's latest book, Native Born is the Fourth book in her popular Apache Protector series for Harlequin Intrigue, and is out now:

Heritage or Heartbreak? 

Apache tribal counsel member Clyne Cosen needs the FBI's protection. But having Agent Cassidy Walker as his personal bodyguard presents its own dangers. His involvement in the custody battle for Cassidy's adopted Apache daughter muddled the lines between personal and professional. Now he has feelings for a woman who was not native born. 

Cassidy will do her job at any cost. But being so close to Clyne means the FBI agent sees him as more than just the man who could take her daughter—he might also steal her heart. Duty. Desire. Which path will Cassidy take…or will a bullet make that decision for her?

Jenna Kernan writes romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue, Western Historical fiction and paranormal romance. Winner of the Book Buyers' Best award and two-time RITA nominee, Jenna has just published her twenty-fifth romance novel.  Tribal Law (#3) in her popular Apache Protectors series from Harlequin Intrigue release on MAY 1.  Look for the other books in this series: Shadow Wolf (#1), Hunter Moon (#2) and Native Born (#4) in June 2015.

Jenna is forming a new review team.  If you are interested in getting free pre-release copies of Jenna's latest visit her website to apply to Jenna's Review Team.

For more details about Jenna Kernan's stories, visit her EXTRAS page, subscribe to her newsletter on her website, visit her Facebook page and follow her on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! I have several protectors, but the two main ones are my wonderful husband and my mini-dachshund!

    ReplyDelete