Monday, May 23, 2016

Male on Monday - #KissACanadian

Today on The Pink Heart Society, contemporary romance author Taryn Leigh Taylor shares some good news and the hot men from up North who help ward off the Canadian chill.

I got the most wonderful surprise--my debut Harlequin, 
KISS AND MAKEUP, has been shortlisted for the Kobo Emerging Writer prize in the romance category! I am incredibly excited and very, very nauseated as I wait for the results of this contest.

In support of my book, or maybe just to distract me from said nausea, Harlequin Blaze is asking people to tweet using #KissACanadian to celebrate. 

That being the case, I feel it's only fair that I step up and present a list of the Canadians I would most like to kiss:

5 - Joshua Jackson

Joshua Jackson stole my heart playing Capeside's resident bad boy, Pacey Witter, on Dawson's Creek and I gotta say, this Canuck just keeps getting better with age.

4 - Brendan Fraser

I would definitely get my smooch on with Brendan Fraser circa The Mummy...or should I say The Yummy? 

3 - Ryan Reynolds

Funny? Check. Charming? Check. Abs for days? Check. Ryan Reynolds hits the big three on my kissable list!

2 - Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling is not only handsome and talented, but the dude is a real life superhero! You can't open the internet today without reading about how this big-hearted hottie saved someone from peril. How could you not want to kiss him?

1 - Paul Gross

Canadiana runs through Paul Gross' veins, whether he's playing a mountie in Due South, a curler in Men With Brooms, or a World War I soldier in Passchendaele, he knows how to set hearts "eh" flutter!

So tell me in the comments below (or tweet me at @tarynltaylor) and tell me which Canadian you'd most like to kiss? #KissACanadian

Taryn Leigh Taylor's debut Harlequin Blaze, KISS AND MAKEUP, is available wherever ebooks are sold.

A hot shade of lipstick calls for a hot, sexy guy.

Makeup artist Chloe Masterson has a look for every occasion. Flying home for your sister's wedding and famiy torture? Easy. Bring out the sarcastic wit and black eyeliner. Bonus--the look catches the eye of the corporate hottie sitting beside her on the plane. Turns out Ben has the exact same last name, and everyone assumes they're married.

When they get stuck in a hotel room together, Chloe decides to accept the gift the Fates have bestowed upon her. (Tip: a bold lip color does wonders for seduction.) But as their lies begin to snowball, Chloe and Ben find it harder and harder to distinguish between what's real and what's all just smoky eyes and mirrors.

For more information, check out or connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.


  1. Awesome post to jump start my week! Thanks, Taryn. I adored Kiss and Makeup starting way back when it was just a chapter entry into SYTYCW.

    And I love your list of guys. And I confess to owning Due South on DVD. Loved that show as well as Paul Gross.

  2. What about Nathan Fillion?? He's a Canadian I'd like to kiss! ��