Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Little Something for the Weekend: A Girl Needs Her Chocolate!

by Jill Kemerer

I'm a chocoholic. Always have been. Always will be. But it's January, and we all know what that means--it's "healthy" time. *sigh*

I've tried enough restrictive diets over the years to know with 100% certainty I'm a moderation girl. Don't ask me to eliminate sugar, red meat, white flour or dairy. It just isn't happening!

And give up chocolate? NEVER! I mean never!! In fact over the holidays, our grocery store had a buy one get one free deal on Russell Stover's boxed chocolates. Naturally, I picked up two boxes. Were they for gifts?


Of course they weren't. They were for me! What's better than opening a brand new box of chocolates and choosing whichever candy looks the best? And then going in for round two. And three. Aahhh...

And guess who got an extra bonus when I left them out to share with my family (this was a big gesture of love), and they all complained about the fact the candies were caramels and chews? More for me!

It didn't take long for box one to empty. I stashed box two up in my pantry. I waited until I'd made it through one full week of counting calories and exercising before dragging that bad boy out. Did I feel a teeny bit of guilt? Not really. You see, three chocolates equal 200 calories, and I purposely save those calories up whenever I need a fix. It's all good!

This box won't last me long, though. Good thing Valentine's Day is just around the corner...

What guilty pleasure will you never give up?

Have a fabulous Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment