Saturday, December 12, 2015

Something for the weekend - Bucket List - by Kate Hardy

As anyone here who follows me on Facebook knows, I'm doing something very bucket-listy this weekend.

I'm going to see Def Leppard and Whitesnake in Birmingham (and it's also the first time my husband and I have been away without the kids since... I can't remember when. Probably since our youngest was a tiny baby!).

I'm hideously excited about it. The way I described it to my daughter is basically how she felt when I took her to Manchester to see her hero and he played guitar live in front of her for the very first time... except imagine she'd liked his music for 35 years and this was the first time she'd got to see him.

It's actually the second time that I've seen Whitesnake (and I still burble on about the last time, ten years ago, when David Coverdale touched my hand - twice! Anyone who's read my book The Cinderella Project - well, apart from the fact that my editor made me give my hero a haircut, that's my hero. Sigh...), but it's the first time I've seen Def Leppard, and I can't wait.

Music's really important to me (ironic, as I'm deaf - without my hearing aids I can't even hear a conversation), and you'll see music in a lot of my books. And what I'd like to share with you are two songs that I know I'm going to hear tonight, plus one that won't be on the setlist (and it's probably just as well as I'm giddy enough about it as it is!).

The first is Mistreated - which Coverdale didn't sing last time I saw him but it's my favourite ever by him (well, Deep Purple). And my husband did something very romantic: he cued up the video we had of Coverdale singing that song and played it for me when we got home. (Aww.) This one's taken from the tour I'm going to see, from their performance on Wednesday night. (It starts with Ain't No Love - I actually wore out my single of that one!). Enjoy. (I'm going to be singing my heart out and probably crying as well!)




The second is Def Leppard's When Love and Hate Collide - this is an acoustic version (and I have to say, Joe looks very pretty in this one...)






The third (which won't be on the setlist) is Tonight - this is the one I play a lot when I'm about to write a love scene. Joe's voice is gorgeous. Actually, it's probably just as well they won't be playing this tonight, or I'd be unbearable!




So are there any musicians you're dying to see? Share your favourite songs with me!

Kate’s latest releases are Falling for Mr December and Her Playboy’s Proposal. You can find out more about the books, and Kate, on her website (http://www.katehardy.com/) and her blog (http://katehardy.blogspot.com/) - or find her on Facebook 


No comments:

Post a Comment