Saturday, October 10, 2015

Weekend Wildcard - Surrounded by Christmas

We're delighted to welcome Amanda Renee to the Pink Heart Society as she talks about she managed to write a holiday romance in the blazing sun!


This month I’m celebrating the release of my 6th book in the Welcome to Ramblewood series for Harlequin American Romance, Mistletoe Rodeo!

I love all things Christmas. I begin decorating in November, and usually have my shopping completed by Thanksgiving. I don’t put up one tree…I put up four. And I’ve even been known to sneak a few into the bedrooms. I love to bake Christmas cookies, sing Christmas carols, shop and wrap gifts. Yes, I’m one of those people.

That being said…when it came to writing Mistletoe Rodeo in May and June of last year, Christmas was the furthest thing from my mind. I live in South Carolina…on the beach. The temperatures are in the 80’s in May and by June, the 90’s aren’t uncommon. I had eight weeks to write a Christmas story and there I was, sitting in my office in shorts and a tank top.

I tried to visualize cold weather, hot chocolate with marshmallows and a roaring fire. Nope. I played Christmas carols on the piano and all that succeeded in doing was making my dog howl. None of it worked.

I had one choice…surround myself with Christmas.

I decorated my office, top to bottom in Christmas. Up went the pink “romance” tree and decorations. I loaded my iPod with Christmas songs and set them to play a continuous loop. I baked Christmas cookies and learned how to decorate with royal icing. I lit holiday scented candles. My screensaver was a montage of photos from Christmas past. I even pulled out Christmas cards from the previous year, including the one I sent out and set them all around my office.


It worked beautifully. By the time I had finished decorating, I was ready to celebrate and Mistletoe Rodeo was born. I have another Christmas book coming out in December 2016, but I’ll be writing that one over the holidays this year.

December is almost here. What do you most look forward to this holiday season?
Join the discussion with Amanda Renee in the comments!

Amanda’s latest book, Mistletoe Rodeo, is available now from all online and brick & mortar book retailers:


(Welcome to Ramblewood #6)


A CHRISTMAS AS BIG AS TEXAS!

His entire town was counting on Chase Langtry to bring home the championship title. Instead, the injured bull rider is slinking back to the family ranch. But how can he stay out of the spotlight with relentless reporter Nola West following him home from Vegas? His humiliating loss isn't going to be her next story—despite Chase's Texas-size crush on the unattainable beauty.

Nola's attraction to the youngest son of Ramblewood's First Family is shaking her hard-won confidence. And it looks like the only scoop she'll get is covering the Mistletoe Rodeo charity event. She's never been a big fan of the holiday. Until Chase vows to show her a Christmas she'll never forget…But will a nasty scandal and the secret Nola's keeping ruin everything?


You can find out more about Amanda Renee on her website. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe to her newsletter for book release news.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the fun and food and just being silly together. The kids faces on Christmas morning are what I wait for every year 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to the fun and food and just being silly together. The kids faces on Christmas morning are what I wait for every year 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna...that sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I used to travel 700 miles to visit family for the holidays. My family is a little smaller these days, but I am fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to spend almost every day with family. It's like celebrating Christmas all year long.

    ReplyDelete