Monday, October 05, 2015

Male on Monday - For the Love of a Rugby Player

Pink Heart Society editor, Ali Williams, is swooning over the England rugby squad.

I'm totally biased.

I feel that this is important to point out pretty quickly.  I'm a massive rugby fan and I couldn't be more excited about the World Cup - especially when it's been held over here.

And I'm an England fan, which means that I usually bleed tears from the thorns that accompany following the English rose.  By the time the piece goes live, it may well be all over, and I shall be crying in a corner at the dashed hopes of a nation. 

But until then, I shall continue to swoon over the England rugby squad, who I think would make for the most dashing of romance heroes...

Chris Robshaw

Let us start with Chris Robshaw, England's captain.  Flanker, 29, plays for (my own beloved) Harlequins at club level.

Anthony Watson

Watson, 21, plays in both wing and fullback positions for Bath, and wing for England.
Brad Barritt

South African-born Barritt, 29, plays centre for both Saracens (at club level) and England.

Courtney Lawes

Courtney Lawes, 26, plays in either the second or the back row for Northhampton Saints, and plays as lock for England.

James Haskell

Captain of the London Wasps James Haskell, 30, is a flanker for the England team.

Jonathan Joseph

Jonathan Joseph, 24, centre for England, won the RPA's 'Player's Player of the Year' and 'England Player of the Year' awards for his performances for both Bath (at club level) and England during 2014-2015.
Do you have a crush on a rugby player?  And who do you think would serve as inspiration for a rugby hero?  Join us in the comments!

Ali Williams grew up in Croydon and spent her teenage years in a convent girls’ school. She then fled to university where she discovered champagne cocktails, a capella singing and erotica.

These days she blogs about perceptions of romance, chick lit and women in society and spends the rest of her time promoting #StrongRomanceHeroines on Twitter, and cracking on with her first novel, Breakfast in Tunford.

Editor for the Pink Heart Society, guest blogger for Mills & Boon and Harper Impulse, and occasional columnist for For Books' Sake, she defies you to slam romance novels within her hearing!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know how to motivate me today! Ooh-la-la, I like the Rugby! :)