Saturday, July 18, 2015

Weekend Wildcard - Summer Holidays

It's summer time and Pink Heart Society editor, Ali Williams, is planning what to do on her week off...

School broke up for summer yesterday, and I have a seven days off from work that I'm filling with all things fun, in an attempt to have a full break from anything work related, before I have to return and results days hit.

So I've tried to split my time pretty evenly between writing-related fun, family and friends, because what better way to spend my days off?

On Monday I'm going to be shadowing HarperImpulse editor Charlotte Ledger for the day, doing research for a piece on "The Day in the Life of a Romance Editor".  I can't wait for that - it's going to be fascinating to see what happens in the day to day workings of a romance publisher's offices.

Tuesday's a family day; I'm spending the day with my sister.  We're going for lunch, I've tickets to an afternoon concert of Chopin at Fairfield Halls, and there'll be much gossiping and catching up.

On Wednesday I'm heading to Brighton for a writing day.  I'm planning on hitting a little cafe, taking my laptop, and typing manically all day.  

I've been taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo this month, and so I'm going to have write in every spare moment if I'm to make my word count!!

Thursday is back to family.

I'm taking my mum to the Croydon Park Hotel for afternoon tea - it's her birthday treat.  I've gone for the Pink Afternoon Tea package, which includes pink bubbly and loads of strawberry treats in addition to the standard tea, sandwiches, scones and cakes.


Afternoon tea's a bit of a favourite amongst my friends, which is why that's what I'll be doing on Friday as well...  A Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Athenaeum Hotel with two school friends.  

It's been ages since we met up - what with jobs and babies and life - but I can't wait!  And it encompasses what I love most about time off from work - that opportunity to reconnect with friends when you've been so crazy busy with life 

And finally, on the Monday and Tuesday after that, my mum's booked her, myself and my sister in for an overnight spa stay.  I simply can't wait to be pampered!!

So, what do you have planned for your summer holidays?  Are you taking the opportunity to spend time with family, are you going away with your significant other, or are you planning on just curling up with a good book?  Join the discussion below!

Ali Williams grew up in Croydon and spent her teenage years in a convent girls' school. She then fled to university where she discovered champagne cocktails, a capella singing and erotica.

These days she blogs about perceptions of romance, #StrongRomanceHeroines and women in society, and spends the rest of her time cracking on with her first novel, Breakfast in Tunford.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great time ahead of you, Ali! Lovely pictures of the high teas! I love to do a high tea at home, with all kinds of goodies.

    If you don't have an etagere, there is a simple way to make one: put a large plate on the table, put a tea cup on it UPSIDE DOWN, then a smaller plate on top of the cup, another cup upside down and then the smallest plate. Voila, your very own custom made etagere!

    Now stack it with cookies, scones, brownies, chocolate, cream puffs, sandwiches or anything you prefer, brew a nice big pot of tea to go with it and sit down to relax!

    Have a great holiday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to make this comment , my wife and I are now happily back together. I have to say it was effortlessly done! Within 2 days, My wife left me a year ago.with my one kid The longer she’s gone, the more I see what a coward I was. At first, I blamed her for leaving. I told her she was ‘wrong’. In fact, I slapped Scripture on her, trying to guilt-induce her any way I could. My anger make me only to pushed her farther away. I can’t believe the way I acted. My wife gave me chance after chance, and I ignored her. I contacted Dr Osauyi and within a few hours of speaking with him, I realized that Dr Osauyi was the person whom I could completely trust. I just wanted to thank you for all your magic spell and commitment ! and I will always be using Dr.Osauyi for further work in the future because he really put unity and smile on my family again. We are now blissfully celebrating our third year anniversary together. Thank you so much!!! For those who might also want to give him a try. Email him on Osauyilovespell@gmail.com. you will never regret ever contacting him i wish all that will contact him best of luck you can call his cell phone on +2347064294395 Rob Simpson form USA http://osauyilovespelll.webs.com/

      Delete
  2. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to make this comment , my wife and I are now happily back together. I have to say it was effortlessly done! Within 2 days, My wife left me a year ago.with my one kid The longer she’s gone, the more I see what a coward I was. At first, I blamed her for leaving. I told her she was ‘wrong’. In fact, I slapped Scripture on her, trying to guilt-induce her any way I could. My anger make me only to pushed her farther away. I can’t believe the way I acted. My wife gave me chance after chance, and I ignored her. I contacted Dr Osauyi and within a few hours of speaking with him, I realized that Dr Osauyi was the person whom I could completely trust. I just wanted to thank you for all your magic spell and commitment ! and I will always be using Dr.Osauyi for further work in the future because he really put unity and smile on my family again. We are now blissfully celebrating our third year anniversary together. Thank you so much!!! For those who might also want to give him a try. Email him on Osauyilovespell@gmail.com. you will never regret ever contacting him i wish all that will contact him best of luck you can call his cell phone on +2347064294395 Rob Simpson form USA http://osauyilovespelll.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to make this comment , my wife and I are now happily back together. I have to say it was effortlessly done! Within 2 days, My wife left me a year ago.with my one kid The longer she’s gone, the more I see what a coward I was. At first, I blamed her for leaving. I told her she was ‘wrong’. In fact, I slapped Scripture on her, trying to guilt-induce her any way I could. My anger make me only to pushed her farther away. I can’t believe the way I acted. My wife gave me chance after chance, and I ignored her. I contacted Dr Osauyi and within a few hours of speaking with him, I realized that Dr Osauyi was the person whom I could completely trust. I just wanted to thank you for all your magic spell and commitment ! and I will always be using Dr.Osauyi for further work in the future because he really put unity and smile on my family again. We are now blissfully celebrating our third year anniversary together. Thank you so much!!! For those who might also want to give him a try. Email him on Osauyilovespell@gmail.com. you will never regret ever contacting him i wish all that will contact him best of luck you can call his cell phone on +2347064294395 Rob Simpson form USA http://osauyilovespelll.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete