Monday, July 20, 2015

Male on Monday - The Funny Man Edition

Amber Page, of the #3Amigas, is back at the Pink Heart Society, talking about her penchant for funny guys...

Oh, Mondays. They’re not very funny, are they? I’ll be honest—I have a hard time cracking a smile before noon on this, my least favorite day of the week.

But, if I do decide I need to smile, I look, not for the latest cat video (although if you haven’t watched this one, you really should), but for my favorite funny men doing their thing.

That’s why I decided to devote this Male on Monday to a less often seen type of crush…those who look better (I’m assuming) with their clothes on.

I’m talking, of course, about the comedians of late night television here in America…cable television.

Comedian #1: Jon Stewart

Oh, Jon. Whether he’s taking down corrupt politicians, campaigning for feminism, or just serving up some other media outlet’s latest faux pas for our entertainment, he’s damn funny.

And let’s face it. His craggy jaw, carefully coiffed gray hair, and sparkling blue eyes aren’t bad to look at either­—especially when buttoned up into one of those designer suits.

One might suspect he has a little Christian Grey in there somewhere…or maybe that’s just me.

Comedian #2: Stephen Colbert

If ol’ Jon wasn’t enough to send you off to a night of sweet, sweet dreams, until recently, we had Stephen as our backup. 

Sure, he “plays” the conservative. But it was always very apparent that he was, in fact, playing a role. And the more seriously his opponents took him, the more hilarious his antics became.

Plus, he so clearly loves the camera. There’s something appealing about a man who knows how appealing he is. And make no mistake, he is very nice to look at.

Devilish brown eyes, slicked back hair, and sharp, sharp suits fill the screen when he’s on the air. A girl could learn to love that…especially when he occasionally exposes his softer, gentler side (like after his mom died).

Comedian #3: ???

Alas, both of my favorite funny men are (or have already) departed my television screen for more lucrative ventures. I don’t know who will replace them.

Jon Oliver?


Sorry, UK friends. He doesn’t do it for me (even with that lovely accent).

At least, when all else fails, I still have Robert Downey, Jr. 


Funny, sexy, and good at playing super heroes? Yes, please.

Do you have a soft spot for comedians?  Who tickles your funny bone?  Join our discussion in the comments! 

Amber’s latest book, Dating the Enemy, is available now:

The dating game…

Jessie Owens is determined to live life to the fullest so her only rule after meeting the delicious Nick Thornton is to get him into bed!

But things get complicated when Jessie discovers Nick is her company’s biggest rival and that she’s been dating her enemy! By day, Nick seems determined to destroy her company, but by night his sizzling kisses show so much more…

Amber Page lives in Indiana, USA with her husband and daughter. When she's not writing, she's an advertising copywriter. You can find out more at her website or on Facebook and Twitter.

6 comments:

  1. I love.a funny guy! Have a soft spot for Colin Mochrie (whose line is it?), Simon Pegg, Stephen Merchant, Ricky Gervais, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

      Delete
  3. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is ANDREW STEPHEN GARTH !!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i won a lottery. I am a man who believe that one day i will win a lottery.finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr Osun. and tell him i needed the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people have talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a trial .I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws came out i was among the lucky winners. i won (1.000.000) ONE MILLION POUND . Dr. Osun truly you are the best, with this man you can will millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful to you. Email him for your own winning lottery numbers faithfullovespell@yahoo.com or call him +2347035519489. website http://faithfullovespell.wix.com/dr-osun

      Delete


  4. BE CAREFUL HERE NOBODY CAN HELP YOU HERE OR EVEN SUGGEST HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR EX OR LOVE BACK,ANY TESTIMONIES OF MOST SPELL CASTER HERE MUST BE IGNORE.BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE SCAM I MEAN REAL SCAM WHICH I WAS A VICTIM AND I GOT RIPPED OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BECAUSE I WAS SO ANXIOUS TO GET MY WIFE BACK AFTER SHE LEFT ME FOR OVER 2 YEARS WITH MY 7 YEARS OLD SON JERRY,I HAVE APPLIED TO 7 DIFFERENT SPELL CASTER HERE AND ALL TO NO AVAIL THEY ALL ASK FOR SAME THING SEND YOUR NAME YOUR EX NAME ADDRESS AND PICTURE PHONE NUMBER ETC WHICH I DID OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND MOST OF THEM WERE FROM WEST AFRICA UNTIL I SAW A POST ABOUT MAMA ANITA SPELL AND I DECIDED TO GAVE HER MY LAST TRAIL.SHE ASK ME FOUR THINGS MY REAL NAME,MY EX AND MY EX MOTHER NAME AND $380 AND SAID MY EX WILL COME BACK IN 24HOURS, I HAVE PAID OVER $3000 ON SPELL CASTING AND COURIER AND NOTHING HAVE WORK FOR ME AFTER 3 DAYS I WAS THINKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I HAVE LOST SO FAR SO I SAID LET ME GIVE HER A TRY SO I CALLED HER AGAIN AND SEND MY REAL NAME,MY EX AND MY EX MOTHER NAME AND THE $380 BECAUSE I SWEAR IT WAS MY LAST TRY SO I WAS WAITING AS SHE TOLD ME TO WAIT TILL NEXT DAY AND I COULD NOT SLEEP THAT NIGHT BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE MY WIFE AND WANT HER BACK AT 9PM THAT DAY I SAW MY WIFE ON LINE ON FACE BOOK AND SHE SAID HI AT FIRST I WAS SHOCK BECAUSE SHE NEVER TALK WITH ME FOR THE PAST A YEAR AND 9 MONTH NOW I DID NOT REPLY AGAIN SHE SAID ARE YOU THERE? I QUICKLY REPLY YES AND SHE SAID CAN WE SEE TOMORROW I SAID YES AND SHE WENT OFF-LINE I WAS CONFUSED I TRY TO CHAT HER AGAIN BUT SHE WAS NO MORE ON LINE I COULD NOT SLEEP THAT NIGHT AS I WAS WONDERING WHAT SHE IS GOING TO SAY, BY 7.AM THE NEXT MORNING SHE GAVE ME A MISS CALL I DECIDED NOT TO CALL BACK AS I WAS STILL ON SHOCK AGAIN SHE CALL AND I PICK SHE SAID CAN WE SEE AFTER WORK TODAY I SAID YES SO SHE END THE CALL IMMEDIATELY I GOT OFF WORK SHE CALL ME AND WE MEET AND NOW WE ARE BACK AGAIN I CALL MAMA ANITA THE NEXT DAY THANKING HER FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE IN FACT I STILL CALL HER AND THANK HER AS MY LIFE WAS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT MY WIFE PLEASE BE CAREFUL HERE I HAVE BEEN SCAM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IF YOU WANT A TRUE LOVE SPELL THEN CONTACT MAMA ANITA (mamaanita.lovespellsolution@gmail.com) or mama.anitaspellcraft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete