I have to thank the guys on WEEI's midday show, MIDDAYS WITH MFB, for today's topic. The Boston sports radio show decided to talk about couples' "Get Out of Jail Free" lists.
For those who don't know, Get Out of Jail Free lists are those five people you find hot with whom your spouse gives you permission to cheat. You know, those celebrities he or she know you will never, ever have a shot with.
Listening to the guys on WEEI got me to thinking. Who is on my list these days? My top five has always been rather fluid, changing as my tastes (and age) change. My list, as it looks today, is fairly eclectic. (And, with one exception, fairly age appropriate. I give myself props for not being too creepy.)
1. Rob James-Collier. Anyone who follows me on Twitter knows I have a thing for Downton's Thomas Barrow. He's so deliciously broken; I want to give him a four hour hug. His portrayer gets on the list largely because he's so deliciously handsome. Okay, so he's not some hot and chiseled sex symbol. Those facial feature are perfection. Plus he's funny and seems like a genuinely nice guy. (He's raised over $15,000 this year for an MS treatment centre.)
2. David Fumero. This is where I get a bit eclectic. David Fumero was on my list years ago when he played Christian Vega on One Life to Live. He fell off the list after I stopped watching daytime dramas. Then, the other week I turned on one of my summer guilty pleasures, POWER, and there he was. Twenty years older and just as good-looking in his 40s. This is him a few years ago. I used him as the inspiration for Nico Amatucci in the upcoming VINEYARDS OF CALANETTI continuity.
3. Scott Foley. Loved him in the UNIT. Like him in SCANDAL. He inspired the hero in THE COURAGE TO SAY YES. What else can I say beyond the fact he's genetically blessed. PS: They tell me there's a puppy in this photo if you look hard enough.
4. Tim Tebow. Yes, that Tim Tebow. Yes, I know his religion makes him controversial. Yes, I know he's not a very good quarterback. But look at him! He's a solid block of muscle. Correction, he's a 6'3" block of muscle. As a 5'9" woman, I've always wanted to have a man make me feel petite. Tim would fit that bill.
5. Matt Bomer. 'Nuff said. Plus he looks like an incredibly down-to-earth dad. You've got to love that.
I'm not going to share my husband's Get Out of Jail Free list. Largely because it contains people like "the meteorologist on Channel 4", "the girl from the appliance store ad", and Ariel the Little Mermaid.
Who's on your Get Out of Jail Free list? 'Fess up in the comments below.
Barbara’s latest release is A MILLIONAIRE FOR CINDERELLA, part one of her In Love with the Boss series for Harlequin Romance.
Patience Rush has never wanted a knight in shining armor. She's perfectly happy cooking and cleaning for her elderly charge. Here Patience feels safe, secure and protected for the first time ever, until rich and incredibly gorgeous Stuart Duchenko arrives, determined to figure out his great-aunt's unlikely housekeeper! He's sure Patience is hiding something…but what?
Except as this unlikely pair grows closer, Patience realizes that letting go of her past might be the key to a blissful future with Stuart…