Saturday, June 27, 2015

Call Story - Kristina Knight

We're delighted at the Pink Heart Society, to welcome Kristina Knight as she tells us her call story!

Hi, everyone! I'm thrilled to be here at the Pink Heart Society - it's my first PHS visit as a blogger! This year marked a pretty big deal for me: my first Harlequin SuperRomance, The Daughter He Wanted, was published! And my editor bought two more books for the line. *squeee*

I was at Disney World when I got the news that I sold to Supers. I'd had this idea that I'd been playing around with for a while, about a woman who didn't want a man in her life but who did want a family. And a man who had wanted a family very badly and then lost everything. The characters kind of took over and the book wrote itself, a little bit.

My agent and I talked about where to send it and SuperRomance was the first place we thought of. Fast-forward a few weeks, and my family and I went off to Disney World for vacation. 

The day we were at The Magic Kingdom, my agent called, but my battery was practically dead so I couldn't answer. A couple of hours later we were back at the hotel, the phone was charged enough to make a call ... and she told me that SuperRomance wanted not only that book, but two more. I was flabbergasted. 



I knew I wanted Harlequin to buy the book, but I tried not to get my hopes too set on the idea...just in case! So as my agent is talking to me about options and the deal on the table, and my daughter is bouncing on the hotel bed, and my husband is watching the Atlanta Braves on TV, I'm sliding down the wall and hyperventilating a little bit.

Thankfully my agent 'gets' me and she didn't freak when I couldn't really say anything in response to her questions right away!

It's been a crazy year, and as I write this I'm finished up AAs for my second SuperRomance, which will be out in November, and I've just turned in the third book, which is currently nameless. It's been a crazy, wonderful, exciting year and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Have you ever had some exciting news when you've been on holiday with your family?

Kristina's first SuperRomance, The Daughter He Wanted, is out now:

The Daddy Surprise

Since the loss of his wife, Alex Ryan has been living a half-life. But with one phone call, Alex discovers he's the biological father of a four-year-old girl, and everything changes.

Single mom Paige Kenner preferred to have a family without the man. Now suddenly there's Alex, who desperately wants to be a father to her little girl. A gorgeous, kind and committed father. Letting a stranger into their lives is far too dangerous, especially if his presence stirs a part of Paige that she longs to forget...

To find out more about Kristina Knight, visit her website, and follow her on Facebook and Twitter.


  1. I love your call story! And your books, too.

  2. Congratulations on your contract! Your book sounds right up my alley. Can't wait to read it. I can't think of any exciting news I've received while on holiday with my family. All my good news comes while I'm almost too busy to enjoy it. Maybe my call will come when I'm vacationing??