Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Fun - Dream Reading Nook

Pink Heart Society regular, Desere Steenberg, is musing on the importance of the perfect reading nook...

I'm sure I’m not the only reader that struggles to find that perfect magical reading spot. You know, the one where no one can find you, there are no distractions of any kind, expect maybe Ryan Gosling.

I have long dreamed of creating my own reading nook, sadly my home doesn't have the space, so for today I’m going to play "Dream Day Build a Reading Nook"!

Of course the best place to find ideas is Facebook, and let me tell you I found an entire library of ideas on Facebook; so many in fact, that I am set with reading nook dreams for the next 20 years! 

Reading, Contemplative, Contemplation, Book, Man
Not all the images can be used on this post.  But I can create whatever I want, right? So here is what my perfect reading nook would have.  

Ready, set, dream with me!

First I would definitely strive to be as comfortable as possible. It drives me crazy trying to get really, really comfortable when I am reading. 

So a nice, large comfortable chair, or heck why not go crazy and set up a double sized four poster bed, with a canopy and drapes so I can hide just in case someone discovers my spot.

Tulips, Book, Glasses, Teacup, Cup, Old Chair
Which brings me to the most important part of a reading nook, it has to be so well hidden that whomever has the guts to interrupt me will need to feel as if they are trekking through the Amazon jungle to get to me.  

Oh idea! I could build a forest around the bed and set up traps all round that should keep the reader-interrupters out, but is that legal?

Now onward to being surrounded by my favorite thing, books, books and more books! 

I would make sure that is a hidden wall or a hidden slide out under the bed filled with books, because you know, when one book ends you pick up another straight away.

Read, Book, Girl, Study, Learn, Sofa, LeisureComfortably, hidden away, surrounded by books are definitely the top three spots to be filled when it comes to building my dream reading nook. 

There are so many other things to take into consideration as every reader has a little something they need or want close by when reading. For me it would be a little kitchen, stocked with tea from around the world and chocolate!

Tell me in the comments if you were given the opportunity to build your very own reading nook, what would it look like? Feel free to post as many pics as you wish, because I’m collecting those!

To find out more about Desere, you can read her romance reviews on Romance Book Haven, and follow her on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment