Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Fun - Quotes that Inspire Me

Pink Heart Society regular columnist Joss Wood is back with some news and some quotes...

Since I was last on the Pink Heart Society blog, I received some BIIIIGGGG news…..I was offered, and I accepted, a contract to write for Harlequin Desire

I had quite a few contracts to write for the Harlequin/Modern Tempted line last year but when that line of books was discontinued I was out of contract for six months. It wasn’t an easy six months as I like to know exactly where I am going and what I am doing. I have also been working since I was seventeen years old and not knowing where my next pay check was coming from also made nervous.

But when people would ask me if I was stressed I could honestly answer no. I knew that I was on the right path and that I just needed to give it some time and that I needed to be patient. Some days were worse than others and when I really got twitchy, I would take a few deeps breaths and read, over and over again, the motivational quotes on my wall. I thought I would share these and maybe they will help an aspiring writer waiting for publication, or anyone else waiting for something big to happen in their lives. I hope so….

This is the wall I look at every day and the quotes are directly in front of me… 



Nothing is going to happen unless you decide that’s what you want. It’s that simple. You’ve got to make the choice, whether you know how to get it or not. Nothing is going to materialise until you decide what you want, what you really, really want…I now have the Spice Girls singing in my head. Sigh. The quote below reminds me of that.
  

And, related to this, you’ve got to believe that you can do it because…


We, and our doubts and fears, are frequently our own biggest enemy.  We will often find an excuse not to be happy, fulfilled, to chance our dreams.
 


As much as we’d like life to “all work out”, you’ve got to take steps to reaching that dream. That means working at it…





Or, to be blunt…


Then it’s the waiting game…learning patience. Not my best quality…



And this one got me through a couple of dark days…



The other two pictures on my wall are…
  

and...

 


So, nine little quotes and a couple of mantras helped me through the last six months. I really hope that whatever you are waiting for and dreaming about comes to you…quickly!

PS…Oh and when things really seem bleak? 


Do you turn to quotes to help inspire you and keep you going?  What quotes do you think Joss should add to her wall?

Joss Wood's latest book, The Honeymoon Arrangement, is available now:

‘Yes, I will be your fake wife!’

Travel journalist Finn Banning has bagged the honeymoon trip of a lifetime. The trouble is, after his world imploded two weeks ago, he’s now desperately in need of a wife!

Wild-child-turned-party-girl Callie Hollis needs to get out of the country and away from painful family memories – fast. Accepting Finn’s honeymoon arrangement is the perfect escape plan! She might have to pretend to be a loved-up newlywed, but it’s a strictly no-strings agreement. Except one knee-weakening, brain-melting kiss from Finn later Callie’s already struggling to remember what’s fake and what’s real.

And that’s before they’ve even started their ‘honeymoon’...



To find out more about Joss, you can visit her website and follow her on Facebook or Twitter.  

1 comment:

  1. Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie,
    Which we ascribe to heaven
    - William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

    I think this is the perfect way of explaining that our fate lies in our own hands; life is what we make of it, and we are the ones who can change our futures.

    ReplyDelete