Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Tuesday Talk-Time - Singing the Post-Holiday Blues

Pink Heart Society editor, Ali Williams, is back after the winter break to talk about the New Year and exciting new ventures...

I'm suffering from the post-holiday blues.

Yes, I do need to get back to work; all that time spent in my family home, complete with Italian-sized portions of food (read HUGE) would put a strain on the waistline of the most disciplined person - and I am far from disciplined when it comes to festive food.  But...

I miss mince pies.  I'll miss the Christmas decorations once we've taken them down today (we always take ours down on the 6th).  And I'll miss lazing around watching Christmas films and curled up spending every waking moment devouring books on my brand new tablet.  Reading on the train just isn't the same.

Nevertheless 2015 is here, bringing with it a whole host of excitement:




-  This is the year I'm going to buy my wedding dress.  We're looking at a date in June 2016 for the actual weeding, so I've got to start planning and thinking about details this year (and yes, I do mean I.  I've been given free reign!! :D).  

But at the moment my head is just filled with floaty tulle and the dress off the cover of Kate Hardy's Crown Prince, Pregnant Bride.  I'm just more than a little devastated that no-one seems to know the name of the dress or its designer!




 


-  This is the year that I'm determined to finish what I started during #NaNoRomMo...  

It's a WIP called Made for Sin that is sassy and flirty and more than a little heated in places.  Cressie and Doug have a place in my heart and I owe it to them to write them a Happy Ever After of their own.



-  And this is the year that the Pink Heart Society gets its own newsletter!!  Yes, amongst the mince pie-guzzling and White Christmas-watching, we've managed to put our heads together and come up with a monthly e-offering!

Join us as we talk about the posts that have generated the most buzz each month, as well as updating you with any exciting news!  It's the perfect place to get your romance fix and to discover new and exciting authors and titles.

Our first edition goes out on Sunday and you can subscribe by entering your email in the box below:



We're super excited to see what you all think of it, and we've some exciting news on there too!

What about you?  Are you devastated about the return to work?  And what exciting happenings in your 2015 are keeping you going?

Ali Williams grew up in Croydon and spent her teenage years in a convent girls' school. She then fled to university where she discovered champagne cocktails, a capella singing and erotica.

These days she blogs about perceptions of romance, chick lit and women in society and spends an extraordinary amount of time coercing male friends to pose with her favourite Mills & Boon books to the bemusement of the Twittersphere.

Passionately vocal about the wonders of romance, Ali defies you to slam romance novels within her hearing!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry that I have no idea (especially as it's my cover!) - I never get any say in what goes on my covers, but I loved this one. I will ask my ed if the art department can help ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's not your fault at all, but I would LOVE that if you don't mind terribly!! It's just so pretty.

      See, I thought I wanted something elegant and classy and lacy, and then I tried some dresses on. Turns out I just want to be a princess. :P

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. That dress is lovely. I had a similar dress by Mori Lee. Here's some to look at. http://www.morilee.com/bridals/bridal?field_dress_filters_tid%5B%5D=39&=Apply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! :)

      Oh, though those dress are gorgeous!! All flowy and pretty...

      Delete