Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday Talk Time - Five Things to Look Forward to in 2015

Author Heidi Rice peers into her crystal ball for the Pink Heart Society and clocks up five things she can't wait to happen in 2015...

As this blog is all about me, I'm going to talk about the five things I'm most looking forward to, career and entertainment wise, this year! But of course I'm hoping that lots of other really amazing things will be happening that I don't know about yet... And I'd love to hear what you're looking forward to too.

So in no particular order here are the top five things on my wish-I-was-there-already list for 2015...

1) Fronting the Mills and Boon Author Lab Masterclass on 24th January in Richmond: When I shall be waffling on (very informatively) about my own journey to publication and the joys (and not-so-joyous moments) of being a romance writer. Cannot wait. Have always loved doing library talks and workshops, so this should be even more fun as we have the whole day to play with and lots of great editors on hand to do all the hard stuff (I hope).

2) Seeing The 50 Shades of Grey movie on Friday 13th February: Because hey, Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey (all right, I'll admit that's the main reason) but I did enjoy the books. In fact I'm so excited I already bought tickets. My bestie Abby Green is going to be my Valentine for this auspicious event as she will appreciate it (and I could not drag my DH to it without the judicious application of a cattle prod). TBH Friday 13th has never looked so promising. Sooners rather than Laters, Baby!



3) Finishing a very special novella: This is my quarter of a quartet of linked stories with  fellow former KISS authors Kelly Hunter, Lucy King and Amy Andrews. Think dark, edgy, super sexy riffs on four classic fairytales set in modern-day NYC. I got started on mine during NaNoWriMo in November and am raring to get back to it... And brainstorming/collaborating with my fab author mates (ie: pinging lots of chatty, entertaining and thought-provoking emails between Spain, Oz and London)... So watch this space.

4) Outlander, the Starz TV series of Diana Galbaldon's Epic Romance arriving on UKTV... And hopefully with both halves of the first series shown together. No news yet on who's showing it but no lesser publication than The Guardian has promised me it is happening (and as we know the British press NEVER lie). Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe are perfect casting for Jamie and Claire and so much money and talent and gorgeous Scottish locations have been put into this show I know it will be awesome. Je Suis Prest in a big way.

 

5) My Single Title Debut... *Takes deep breath before she explodes with excitement* I'm currently working on the revisions but if all goes well it should be out in the UK in the second half of this year. If you want more clues to the content check out my Pinterest board. But the pitch I did to agents was basically The Great British Bake-Off meets Sweet Home Alabama by way of Modern Family... Intrigued? Good.

So what are you looking forward to in 2015? Any great holidays booked? Awesome career moves planned? Special birthdays or important anniversaries coming up? Tell me below in the comments... And let's pre-celebrate together. And then get cracking on making them happen.

Heidi Rice is the author of fifteen series books for Harlequin Mills and Boon and two Cosmo Red Hot Read, the latest of which is a red hot tale of naughty sex, not-so-white lies and Twitter etiquette:

#WorstDatesEver 
After a nasty breakup, Tally Gladstone has no interest in anything serious. But she's dipped her wary toe back into dating with a few blind dates—all bad…or worse. The only good thing to come out of it is a sizable following on social media. Her latest date is doomed from the get-go—he isn't even straight. But at least he knows someone who meets her every very exacting wiish.
#EpicHotLover?
American-in-London Brent O'Neill is everything she wants—on paper. He's hot, sexy and emotionally off-limits. Tally can play all she likes without getting burned. He's so good in bed he's addictive. But her millions of social media followers want disaster, not boring-ever-after. They might get their way yet—how is she going to walk away before her heart is in tatters?

Heidi is currently working on a longer book involving sex, lies and baking... Not necessary in that order.  You can find out more about Heidi through her website, blog, Twitter or Facebook.  Eye candy may or may not be present.

6 comments:

  1. I'm also very much looking forward to our Fairy Tales of New York City, Heidi *and* our debut single title!

    I have 8 books coming out in 2015 so my year is one big launch party which is always a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I!! Also, am in total awe of your 8 books. Can't wait for more deets!

      Delete
  2. I've been itching to get to our fairytale stories. Soon!

    ReplyDelete