Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Special: A Sexy Beach Read

Today the Pink Heart Society welcomes Harlequin Kimani author Candace Shaw, who will discuss her sexy weekend read, Journey to Seduction.

Growing up in Pensacola, Florida, going to the beach on the weekends was the norm. My mother would always toss one of her steamy romance novels in her tote bag (you know the one I would sneak and read later), and she’d lie out and read while Dad and I rode the waves or made sandcastles. 

I’ve always remembered her looking forward to the weekend so she could relax and read. As I grew older and I didn’t have to steal my mother’s romance novels, I would find myself tossing books in my tote bag as well. Therefore, one of my goals when writing is to create books that are sexy, fast-paced reads for the weekends. That way they can take the reader’s mind off of work or stressful events and place themselves in a fantasy world for a few hours.

When I sat down to write the outline for Journey to Seduction, I wanted to write something different than my other books but still within my tagline of fun, flirty, and sexy romance novels. 

My heroines usually fall under the category of girly girls, but I needed Sydney Chase to be slightly different. Her twin sister Megan from Her Perfect Candidate, is an interior decorator and is the quintessential girl-next-door. So I decided to go the complete opposite with Sydney who prefers to be called Syd. She’s a criminal profiler for the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, prefers jeans, loves kickboxing, and drives a Harley. However, she will slip on a cocktail dress and stilettos when necessary. She’s a tough-cookie but she does have a vulnerable side under her hard shell no matter how much she tries to suppress it. 

All of this is driving the hero, Bryce Monroe crazy for her. I threw in motorcycles, a heat-filled road trip to Vegas and sexy love scenes that makes this book one of the ones I hope my mother never tosses in her tote bag!

Is there a favorite place you like to read? Let me know in the comments. Since I’m nowhere near the beach, I love to read outside in the sun. It reminds me of Florida.

Candace Shaw is the author of fun, flirty, and sexy romance novels. She writes for Harlequin Kimani Romance and is also self-published. Her next book, Journey to Seduction, will be released on February 1st. She loves hearing from readers and can be reached on her website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

All the right moves 
Ever since their families were joined by marriage, Sydney Chase has been driving attorney Bryce Monroe crazy. Whether she's in biker gear or stilettos, no other woman can compare. No one else combines tough and tender in such a sexy, irresistible package. Though Syd has him pegged as a spoiled brat, a spur-of-the-moment Vegas road trip is Bryce's one chance to prove otherwise. 

As a criminal profiler, Syd's job is to figure people out. Somehow, beyond Bryce's privileged background is a depth she never expected. Their cross-country trek to a motorcycle fest is turning into the hottest ride of her life—one she knows has to eventually end. Yet what happens in Vegas is impossible to forget, and Bryce isn't letting go until he's crashed through every single one of her defenses…

2 comments:

  1. Journey to Seduction sounds like such a fun read! I'll be sure to look for it.

    ReplyDelete