Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tuesday Talk Time :: Under the Knife


Today at The Pink Heart Society, columnist Jenna Bayley-Burke is asking about the best book you read this year. She needs some great romances to distract her from surgery this morning. Help a sister out. What story made you feel better this year?


Odds are, as you're reading this I'm unconscious. Which is the only way to be if your angry intestine is being evicted. Long time readers of the PHS will recall my aggravating saga where my intestine wanted to be the center of my universe. I like my organs healthy and able to be taken for granted, thank you very much. So that is where I am headed.

No one signs up for this, but I have it dialed in. The best surgeon, great hospital nursing staff, and my folks are in town to help with the kids. All in all, it should go as smoothly as can be expected. And post recovery I'll be able to write more stories, since I won't be anchored down by antibiotics, pain medications, and ER visits.

Until I'm able to return to  my regularly scheduled life, I'll be trying not to get bored and do too much too soon. And this is where y'all come in. I need book recommendations! Funny, sexy, happy books. Tear jerkers are for another time (I'm looking at you, Donna Alward).


Hit me with the best book you read this year. I know it's hard to pick one, so don't fret if you have a top 3. For me it had to be A Fair To Remember by Barbara Ankrum. I've been really impressed with Tule Publishing. The talent there is like a category romance readers dream team.





Jenna Bayley-Burke's latest release is a reissue of her first book, Just One Spark. European readers loved it back in the day, but North American readers couldn't get theirs eyes on the sexy rom-com until now.
 

For more info on Jenna and her books you can visit her website or follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Heya Jenna,

    I hope your surgery went well. As for my top three books...well, I'm just going to give you my top three books/series that make me smile and cheer me up:

    - Eva Rice's The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets/The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp
    - Mary Jane Staples' Adams Family Saga (The first being Down Lambeth Way)
    - Eva Ibbotson's books. (Love ALL of hers, but if you're looking for just one, I'd start with The Secret Countess).

    I know these are category romance - I've got waaaaaaaaay too many favourite to just pick three from those - but they can all be found in my "Enchanting" folder on my kindle - reserved for books with heart. <3

    ReplyDelete