Sunday, November 23, 2014

NaNoWriMo Update

We catch up with our #NaNoWriMo participants:

Ali Williams ~ In some ways I've had an absolutely disastrous NaNoWriMo.  Work hit me with a mass of "this needs to be done now" stuff first week in, and my momentum never quite recovered, and now I'm kind of blocked.

Like I said, disastrous.

However, I'm not feeling too bad about it.  I've made a pretty decent start and planned out an entire novel which I'm going to keep working on.

I've found out that I can indeed capture the sense of a place far better than I realised.

And also, it's been fun.  Oodles and oodles of fun.

I've met and spoken to other #NaNoRomMoers and #NaNoWriMoers that I've never met or spoken to before.  I've been part of a community that's funny and engaging and supportive, and I've learnt so damn much.

So yeah, I might not be a winner in the traditional #NaNo sense, but I don't mind.

2 comments:

  1. I'm at 37000+ words and want to reach at least 38500. I have hit a tricky part that needs some research, so in between looking at articles and websites to fill that in even sketchily, I find myself jumping forward to future bits of dialogue and laying them in - which feels wrong to me but there you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get a load of you! That is seriously impressive; well done! :)

      And I'm a big fan of writing the bits you have to write, and filling in the gaps later! :P

      Delete