Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Fun - 5 Reasons To Pick Up A Rock Star

Making her columnist debut at The Pink Heart Society, author Stefanie London campaigns on behalf of the fictional rock star. How do they measure up to the rest of the heroes we love? Are they the next 'big thing'?

I love all types of romance novels, although category/series romance will forever have a special place in my heart. I love all kinds of heroes, too – billionaire playboys, self-made businessmen, princes, sheikhs, cowboys (I've more recently come around to this trend), and firemen.

I read a book recently which shot a different hero to the top of my ‘want to read’ list. The Rock Star.

I blame Kylie Scott.

More specifically, I blame the first book in her Stage Dive series, Lick. The hero is a rock star who’s lost his mojo…until he meets the heroine, that is. Drinking and a quickie wedding in Vegas ensue, only she can’t remember a thing the next morning.

Please, Kylie Scott…take all of my money.

I would never have picked The Rock Star to be my favourite type of hero. I’m not really the kinda gal who was ever attracted to bad boys, piercings, long hair or brooding artsy types. One look at my husband will tell you I like my men clean cut and suited up. But that’s the great thing about romance novels, they’re pure escapism. So I can live out my rock star fantasies without having to figure out how to wash leather pants.

Not completely sold on the rock star hero? Here are 5 reasons I think you should pick up one today:
  1. They’re always topless and tattooed. They often like to strut around in jeans and boots without a shirt, while looking all moody and sexy. This is never a bad thing. 
  2. The have the feels! Artists are sensitive types so under all the drinking and swearing they’re just gooey balls of marshmallow emotion waiting for the right girl to write song lyrics for. Swoon. 
  3. They’re good with their hands. 
  4. There’s never a dull moment with a rock star. They can access all areas or they can whisk you away to a private mansions somewhere fabulous. Who doesn’t fantasize about that occasionally? 
  5. They’re waiting for the right girl to tame them. This is probably my favourite part of romance novels – I love it when a wild child finally meets his match in the heroine. Watching her unravel a guy as powerful and desirable as a rock star is utterly delightful.
So who would be my pick to play the sexy and moody David Ferris if Lick were ever made into a movie? Why, the fabulous Jared Leto of course.

Jared Leto = human perfection

Are you a fan of rock star heroes? Do you have a crush you'd like to share? Have you read Lick? We’d love to hear your recommendations for other rock star books. Let us know in the comments!

Stefanie London hasn't written about a rock star (yet) but she does love romance books tied to the art world. Stefanie’s second book with Harlequin Mills and Boon is Breaking the Bro Code, coming October 2014, and features an ex ballerina and her childhood love.

Off limits…and oh-so-tempting! 

Elise Johnson has more important things to concentrate on than men…saving her struggling ballet studio for starters! So when gorgeous Col Hillam—her brother’s best friend—saunters back into her life, she’s none too keen.

He might be proposing a purely professional arrangement, but the last time they got carried away by their crazy attraction it ended in disaster!

Col knows Elise is off-limits, but it only makes her more tempting…. With chemistry this hot, surely that bro code is now null and void…?

To find out more about the fabulous Stefanie and her books, you can find her on Facebook, Twitter or over at her website


  1. I'm not usually a rock star hero fan, but you make it sound very tempting...

    1. I wasn't a big fan before, either - this book definitely helped to turn me around. Also, I love the Reckless Beat series by Eden Summers. Definitely worth checking out :)

  2. I was never into rock star heroes until I read the Reckless Beat series by Eden Summers. They got me hooked and then I started reading Kylie Scott. Now I'm waiting for the next books in both series.

    I agree about the 'taming of the bad boy' element. It certainly does it for me lol

    1. I love the Reckless Beat series, Eden Summers is a brilliant writer! I'm also eagerly awaiting her next book - might need to read Play in the meantime :)

  3. Me too I was never much into rock stars Stefanie but I have to admit that I did have something for Bret Michaels when I was younger... I just don't get it now though!

    1. Hi Rita, thanks for stopping by! Rock stars are a huge trend but thankfully there's plenty of different types of heroes to go around ;)