Ingredients (for four)
- 500g braising steak
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 stock cube dissolved in 350ml water
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
Heat the oil in a large pan. Brown the steak, then add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer and transfer to an oven-proof casserole dish.
Cook for about 2 hours, until the beef is tender and the sauce has reduced.
Serve with rice or potato pancakes.
http://www.katehardy.com/) and her blog (http://katehardy.blogspot.com/) - or find her on Facebook