Monday, July 14, 2014

Male on Monday: Morretti MIllionaires

Kimani Romance author Pamela Yaye explains the inspiration behind her latest series of hunky men.





The number one question readers ask me (besides, “Do you know the models on the covers of your books?”) is “Where do you get your ideas from?” Ideas are everywhere. Seriously! I don’t watch much TV, but I stay informed about what’s happening around the world. I listen to the radio, read everything from magazines to biographies and self-help books, and I get a kick out of chatting people up while I’m waiting in line at the bank and grocery store. All it takes is a joke, an amusing story, or a personal experience to spark an idea…
The idea for my new family miniseries, The Morretti Millionaires, came to me after a lengthy conversation with my former editor. She was a huge champion of my work, super encouraging, and next to my family and agent, my biggest supporter. So, after our conversation, I grabbed my trusty notebook, put on my favorite Robin Thicke CD, and got down to work. I knew from the get-go that I wanted to create a culturally diverse family, and since I have tons of great Italian friends, I modeled the Morretti family after several families I knew growing up. Parents, Arturo and Vivica Morretti are a dynamic couple who’ve raised three successful, drop-dead sexy sons oozing with charm, and charisma, and I modelled each character after celebrities who caught my eye while I was doing my character profiles.
Oliver Martinez
Demetri Morretti, the thirty-two-year-old baseball phenom with a bad attitude, and a chip on his shoulder, is more than just a sexy athlete. He’s sensitive, soft-spoken, and chivalrous. Demetri has a heart of gold, and if that’s not enough, he’s the splitting image of French actor Oliver Martinez.   


Miguel Torres
Nicco Morretti, the thirty-four-year-old restaurateur with the chiseled physique, and killer swag resembles Spanish soccer star, Miguel Torres. Nicco is always up for a good time, especially in the bedroom, and he plays as hard as he works.

Eduardo Verastegui
Rafael Morretti, the thirty-six-year old chairman of Morretti Incorporated, reminds me of actor, Eduardo Verastegui, right down to his serious demeanor, smoldering gaze, and designer suits.



Arturo Morrertti, the 66-year-old family patriarch, with the quick temper and headstrong personality was modeled after one of my favorite actors, Robert De Niro.

Robert Di Niro
Emilio Morretti, the 36-year old race car legend (Arturo Morretti’s nephew) was modelled after, Matthew Fox, and his story, Seduced by Mr. Right, is a sweet, tender romance.

Matthew Fox



The Morretti Millionaires are more than just great looks, and a smokin’ hot body. Demetri, Nicco, and Rafael are everything a woman could want: romantic, thoughtful, affectionate, and the most charming men you will ever meet.  If you’re looking for a sexy, steamy read, pick up one of the Morretti Millionaire novels this summer!

All the best in life and love.
Pamela Yaye
Pamela Yaye has a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education, and her love of African-American fiction inspired her to pursue a career in writing romance. Her fifteenth Harlequin Kimani Romance novel, Seduced by the Playboy, was released July 2014. When Pamela’s not writing about strong, feisty heroines and the alpha males who love them, this busy wife, mother, and teacher is watching sports, experimenting in the kitchen, or planning her next family vacation. Pamela lives in Alberta, Canada with her real-life hero, and adorable, but mischievous son and daughter. To learn more about,
Pamela, and her steamy romance novels visit her new, revamped website: www.pamelayaye.com


No comments:

Post a Comment