Monday, July 07, 2014

Male on Monday: Eric Dane

Lynne Marshall shares her excitement for Eric Dane
All the years I’ve had the pleasure of contributing to the Pink Heart Society blog, I’ve never done a Male on Monday, so I’m really excited.  Of course the male in my Monday these days is the hero from my current book – Kent Larson.
                Here’s a description of him from Desdemona’s point of view on first sight at night: At five foot nine it was hard to find many men to look up to. Kent had to be at least six foot three. And blond.  As in Nordic god blond.
And the next day when answering the front doorbell:  The Norseman stood on the other side, overbearing in stature, first drilling a glance through her then peering inside the house. She’d forgotten how big Kent was.  In daylight, his finely carved features and cutting blue eyes almost took her breath away. Too bad he chose to look so serious all the time. 
Hopefully you get the feel for the kind of guy my “Male on Monday” contribution is.  Kent also happens to be the local doctor.  When it was time to dig up a picture or two of my hero, one candidate stepped forward and I never looked back.
                Eric Dane.  Repeat after me “Ahhhhh”.  Group sigh.  
   Mr. Dane has changed over the years, but he was certainly at his peak on Grey’s Anatomy a Dr. Mark “McSteamy” Sloan, wouldn’t everyone agree?  He also starred in the movies Marley & Me and Valentine’s Day.
These days he’s married and a father of two young girls, and, well that makes him even sexier! 
A little about Mr. Dane: Born in San Francisco on November 19, 1972 the 6’1” 41 year old is handsome as ever. He’s been married to Rebecca Gayheart since 2004.  I’m looking forward to the new cable show he stars in: The Last Ship, where he plays Captain Tom Chandler of the battleship that just happens to be humanity's last hope after a virus wipes out half of the world's population. Now that’s my kind of premise and hero!
                                                                                

A little about Kent Larson and how I described him for my book proposal: 36 years old.  A doctor.  The next door neighbor with old ties to Desdemona’s mother.  He has lived in Heartlandia all of his life.  Appearance:  Think Nordic god. 6’3”, solid build, dark blond hair and blue eyes.  Defining characteristics:  A healer; protective of his son; loyal to his roots; self-confident in all things but relationships; decisive; can be confrontational and occasionally stubborn.
Here is the Special Edition US book cover with a very young looking guy in the background, 
and here is the UK Cherish e-book cover featuring Kent and his son, Steven.  I love this cover! 
Though it’s been fun to talk about the hero, Kent, from A Doctor for Keeps, the true protagonist of this story is Desdemona Rask.
Her lifelong search for home…
Desdemona Rask never knew much about her family.  Now she is finally getting a chance to learn about her roots in the town of Heartlandia.  For the first time, Desi feels as if there’s somewhere she belongs…but there’s more to her welcome home than she expected!  Her grandmother’s next-door neighbor looks like a Viking warrior, and he’s giving Desi all sorts of unwelcome feelings…
might be closer than she thinks!
Caring for his son, Steven, is single dad Dr. Kent Larson’s first priority.  But the boy’s stunning new piano teacher makes him take a second look at his to-do list.  Still, he’s lost at love before—how could he risk another heart-battering?  Does the doctor dare to go all in?

Lynne Marshall

www.lynnemarshall.com

13 comments:

  1. I miss Dr. Mark Sloane! *sob* And Lexie *double sob*

    Sorry, I promise my moment is over!

    Great choice for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay - now it let me through, yay!
      Amy I'm glad my choice is also inspirational to you.
      Hey - you'll always have reruns of that show, right?

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying him on "The Last Ship", very bold and military indeed! But I can see he'd make a good doctor as well. Best wishes with the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica - I am thoroughly enjoying The Last Ship - in an edge-of-seat kind of way. Dane's good looks have nothing to do with it (wink wink)

      Delete
  3. Can't go wrong with that man! Nice choice! And GREAT book! Congrats on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee J - thanks! You helped get a lot of things right with you CP input -

      Delete
  4. Loving this male on this Monday! I'm thinking Kent McHottie. ;) Congrats on your latest release, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Yeah, I like Kent McHottie, too. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynne- I have been a fan of Eric Dane for a long time. Good choice for your Male Monday pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene - so glad you concur that Eric Dane/Kent Larson - is a good choice for this spotlight. Even now, as he is getting older, he's still gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Hi Amy, Veronica, Dee J, Robin and Charlene - thanks for commenting. I am having difficulty getting through with individual comments but I will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE Eric Dane! And yes, he's exactly who I pictured when I read this book, Lynne - so good job, lol! Sigh - what a lovely way to start a Monday, looking at Eric Dane...

    ReplyDelete