The wonderful team at Harper Impulse have come up with an ingenious solution -- a FREE digital Romance Festival. At last a romance festival you can attend in your p.j.s!
Harlequin Mills and Boon will be there -- both editors and authors. Other publishers include Piatkus, Avon UK, Avon US, Avon Impulse, Carina as well as indie authors. The list of authors will be published shortly. Although it is UK based, it is open globally as Romance is truly worldwide.
It is free but you must be registered. You can find out how to register here. Or you can follow @romancefestival on twitter. The hashtag for the event is #romance14
Some of the highlights include:
aturday 7th June, 2014: Author spotlight
- Creating great romance covers
- Meet the editors
- Get the chance to get one-on-one feedback with a romance editor
- How to connect with bloggers
- Meet the retailers
- Book marketing advice
- Plus loads of tips for writing and authors sharing their experience!
Sunday 8th June, 2014: Reader spotlight
- Live author interviews on Twitter
- Join Google hangouts of your favourite authors ‘in conversation’ with each other
- Join discussions on romcom, erotica and women’s fiction
- Learn how to plan your perfect wedding
- Find out how to become a romance blogger
- Meet the men of romance
- Competitions and giveaways throughout the day
So what are you waiting for? I know I will be there. It is such a good idea that you wonder why it has not been done before.