Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Learning Curve of the New Author - Jennifer Faye's Final Installment

Can you believe it’s Christmastime already?


The time of the year for goodbyes.

And a time to anticipate new beginnings.

It’s so hard to believe that I’ve been writing The Learning Curve of the New Author for a full year now. It has honestly flown by far too quickly. If only there were a way to slow time down just a little…long enough to catch my breath.

It has been the most amazing year of my life. After all, it isn’t every day that a lifelong dream comes true. And I am so thankful that you shared it with me. Thank you!

The year in review:

4 contracts signed
4+ rounds of revisions
4 sets of AA’s (author alliterations) proofed
2 books published
2 more books completed and scheduled
3 North America covers / 3 UK covers / 3 Australia covers / 1 India cover
1 foreign release
1 blog started
And the best part, meeting so many amazing, generous and very kind readers. *big squishy smile and hug*

And out of all of this, what have I learned?

LOTS. Seriously. And I still have so much more to learn. And I find that totally exciting.

And my advice for anyone who is thinking about throwing their hat into the writing ring still stands:
Read lots. And then read some more.
And follow that up with writing and more writing.
It’s a big circle and it never ends…even after you’re published.

So what will now happen to the Learning Curve of the New Author? Well the powers that be are busy in the background figuring out the plans for 2014. So keep an eye out for an announcement about the New Author to share their journey.

And what will happen with me? Well I’ve been invited to stay on as a monthly columnist. :-)

If you have any suggestions of what you’d like to hear about going forward, this is your chance to mention them. I’d love to have your input.

So I will be back next month on my same day but with a different column. I hope I’ll see you in the New Year.

Until then have a wonderful holiday season and a very happy new year!!!

And thank you so much for making this past year totally amazing. :-)






Jennifer Faye’s second release, SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER, is available now! Online at Amazon & B&N as well as other locations. She’d love to hear from readers. You can contact her via her website.

11 comments:

  1. I've read both your books and will read the next two as well. Wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays! Best wishes (and many sales) for a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays to you too! And thanks so much. :-)

      Delete
  3. You've had an amazing year, Jennifer! Best wishes for continued success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rula! Wishing you the best too! :-)

      Delete
  4. From MarcieR

    How about "My Sophomore Year in the World of Publishing"?

    I so enjoyed your posts Jennifer. Thank you.

    And WooHoo on those 4 books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Marcie. Thanks so much for dropping me a line.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the posts. I really can't believe that it has been a whole year. Wow! Time is just flying by.

    And thanks for the kind words. It still amazes me to type my name in the Amazon search box and have my books pop up. :-)

    Any particular subjects you're interested in seeing in the Sophomore column? I'm definitely interested in hearing what subjects would interest people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From MarcieR

    What new challenges come up that haven't in the first year? Are there any that are the same?

    Is the pressure intensified? Less? The same?

    What about the relationship between the author and the editor? What's that like now there is a comfort level?

    That's all I got for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcie, thanks!

    I have printed your questions and will be referencing them in the New Year. :-)

    If you think of more, you can contact me via my contact form on my website. I'd love to hear from you. You always have such great questions.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From MarcieR

      Thanks! I just may do that.

      Delete