Thursday, December 19, 2013

Random Thoughts: Scarlet Wilson So Long, Farewell

Hi everyone,

I've been at Pink Heart for two fabulous years now.  First starting the Learning Curve of the New Author column and this year doing the Random Thoughts column.

I've learned a huge amount over the last two years.  I'm now writing for 2 Harlequin lines: Medical and Romance.  I've enjoyed the benefits and experience of 3 different editors at Mills and Boon.  I've branched into other areas and have a book coming out with Entangled in February.  I'm also just completing my 14th book for Harlequin Mills and Boon.

I'm about to sign for some more books for next year but am also taking a step in a new direction and writing a middle-grade/YA that has been burning a hole in my brain for the last year.  It might amount to nothing.  But I really, really want to write this story - even if it's only for my kids to read.
There's a world of opportunities out there and I want to remind you all of that and wish you well while you explore them.

I'm going to leave you with this.
My second Harlequin Romance The Heir of the Castle is heavily influenced by this scene from The Sound of Music.  My hero has a replica gazebo in the grounds of the castle where he stays and they re-enact the dancing scene together as it's something my heroine has always dreamed of.

Whilst I wouldn't wish Rolfe on anyone, every girl should get to wear the Liesl dress and get to dance around in a gazebo.

Wishing you all a happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.  I'll occasionally guest blog and will see you then!


Scarlet
English Girl in New York

Rescued on her doorstep 

After an annus horribilis, the glittering lights of Manhattan are irresistible to English girl Carrie McKenzie. She's climbed the Empire State Building, but can't get a smile from her gorgeous neighbor! Until a tiny abandoned baby on her doorstep brings her to his door….  Cop Dan Cooper has an obligation to protect, and with Carrie out of her depth, he must come to her rescue. Surely two pairs of hands are better than one? Until she becomes a distraction, not just because of her tempting curves, but because of the pain in her eyes when she looks at the precious bundle in their charge….

4 comments:

  1. Yes, shame Rolfe turned out to be a Nazi!!

    We'll miss you at the PHS Scarlet, have enjoyed your column immensely.. and 16 books in two years!! sheesh, that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From: MarcieR

    My copy of "English Girl in New York" arrived yesterday (US Edition tho I adore the UK cover).
    Can't wait to read it.

    Best of luck in ALL your writing pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heidi, can't wait to see what film you are reviewing next and looking forward to seeing you in March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marcie, fingers crossed that you like it!

    ReplyDelete