Monday, December 16, 2013

Male on Monday: Barbara Wallace


Here comes Santa Claus!


He knows when you are sleeping.  He knows when you’re awake….  Let’s face it, not much gets by good ole’ St. Nick.  The guy’s even got minion’s to help him out.  How many Elves on a Shelf are out there anyway?
 

Granted, his fashion sense could use some work as he tends toward the eccentric.  Early in his career, this meant an earthy look, with lots of robes and capes. While he still trots this look out during certain European visits, his signature look today is far more colorful. 
 
 
Dressed all in red, from his head to his foot, is how it’s usually described.  It’s not a look that works for everybody, but Santa manages to pull it off.  I think it’s the beard.
 
 
 
Lately, however, I’ve noticing a disturbing trend, and that’s Sexy Santa. 
I’ll say it right now; I’m not a fan.  I know, I know, rock hard abs are all the rage, and being super fit is better for his health.  And sure, being thin probably helps out when sliding down the chimney, but I’m a traditionalist.  I like my Santa with a few pounds on him.  I prefer his broad little belly that shakes when he laughs and his rosy, puffy cheeks.  Leave the hard bodies to cowboys and billionaires, Santa and a few cookies.  If my chimney’s too small, just let me know.  I’ll leave the front door unlocked.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

An author with Harlequin Romance and Entangled Indulgence, Barbara Wallace is hoping Santa will bring her a big fat royalty check this Christmas.  She’s also hoping readers will check out her latest book, The Man Behind the Mask, out January 3.  Romantic Times gives the story 4 stars, and says the book s “fun and flirty and teaches us all a lesson that it’s important not to judge a book by its cover.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment