Thursday, December 05, 2013

Harmony Evans - Elemental Reflections

The Pink Heart Society is delighted to welcome our newest columnist -- Kimani Author Harmony Evans!!!

I’m Harmony Evans, an author for Harlequin Kimani Romance, and I’m so excited to be joining the delightful ladies of the Pink Heart Society to blog on a monthly basis! Starting every 3rd Thursday in January, I’ll be sharing my thoughts -- sometimes about writing, sometimes about other stuff -- in a blog I’ve titled: Elemental Reflections. 

When Michelle asked me to come up with an overall title for my blog, I’ll admit I was a bit apprehensive. I get the same jitters when I’m trying to come up with a title for one of my books. But as I’ve thought about it over the last few days, Elemental Reflections blog is really my way of trying to achieve some sort of balance in my life. So I’m grateful for the opportunity to be here!

According to, the word reflection has a number of definitions. But to me, it’s the kind of word that just begs me to STOP. And THINK. And PONDER. All of which I have a hard time doing on a daily basis, let alone during the holidays. 

Elemental is one of those nifty words that immediately reminds me of my dreaded high school chemistry class oh-so-long-ago, but I like this definition best: 

starkly simple, primitive, or basic

How many times have I wished, have you wished, that life could be all those things? 

As writers, as readers, as people, with all the pressures we face, it can be so difficult to dial it all back to the basics: love, peace with others and within ourselves, maintaining good health, gratefulness, and hope. 

It is MY hope that at least once a month, care of this blog, I’ll be able to simply stop, think, and reflect -- for better or for worse -- and I’ll hope you will join me on my journey! I'm looking forward to learning from you all! 

What are some things you do to achieve balance during the holidays! Clue me in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment