Thursday, November 21, 2013

Random Thoughts: Covers that Pop!

Today I want to introduce my favourite cover.  For those of you who don't already know I'm going to be writing for the Harlequin Cherish/Mills and Boon Romance line as well as the Medical line.
This is the cover of my first book, release date January, English Girl in New York.


Words can't describe how much I love this cover.  As authors, we're asked to fill out electronic sheets about our books, story, characters and outline a few scenes in each book to help the cover art department.  I have to admit that sometimes it might seem as if they haven't read a single word.

But on occasions like this, it's as if someone just GETS it.  They just get everything about your book and the cover pops out at you.

Meet Carrie McKenzie, my English Girl in New York.  It's actually snowy in my story, but I can forgive the lack of snow on the cover, and the lack of my New York cop hero Daniel, because the rest of the cover screams New York and my heroine looks so cool.

I can't wait until this box of books arrive!  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment