Monday, November 11, 2013

Male on Monday: Tom Hiddleston revisited

  PHS Editor Michelle Styles revisits British Actor Tom Hiddleston

Below is an updated  post I did in November 2012 about Tom. But basically because he stole the show as Loki  in Thor:The Dark World, I thought it worth highlighting him again. he is just super actor.

Tom Hiddleston who won Glamour Man of the Year 2012 has been on my list as hero inspiration ever since he appeared in the second series of Cranford --Return to Cranford. Recently he played Loki in Thor and Avengers Assemble plus playing Henry V/Prince  Hal in the BBC productions of Henry VI (parts I and II) and Henry V aka The Hollow Crown. If you haven't seen him as Prince Hal, you should. He holds the screen.
He also had a small role in War Horse which is a wonderful WWI film  as this post is going out on Remembrance Day. But do have tissues handy as it is a weepie.
If you are in London in December 2013 - February 2014, he is appearing in Corolanus as the title character at the Donmar Warhouse/Convent Garden Threatre and it will go out live to threatres around the UK on 30 January 2014. There are also several other movies in the works, including a Gothic horror one Haunted Peak  where he replaced Benedict Clumberbatch.

Born in 1981, Tom attended Eton and then Pembroke College, at Cambridge University where he earnt a double first in Classics. What a double first means is that he got a first in his exams in both the second and third years.  He played rugby at Cambridge but gave it up to concentrate on his acting. He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) in 2005.
What you notice about Tom is the way he holds the screen with his expressive blue-green eyes. He has curly blond hair and an engaging smile. He has a resonating voice and is 6' 1".  He is another actor who likes to keep his private life private.
One of the reasons that he took the part of Loki in Thor was that he didn't want to be typecast into only doing historical parts. He has a busy schedule of filming and will be appearing several films in 2013.
The following gives a sample of his voice:

Michelle Styles writes warm.witty and intimate historical romance. Her latest Paying the Viking's Price is out now. And her next book Return of the Viking Warrior will be out in May 2014. You can learn more about Michelle and her book at


  1. I like both the movies Thor and Avengers. I am waiting for nest part of Avengers.

    Human hair extensions

  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. Raja Poker Online

  3. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Judi Bola Online

  4. Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s
    new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll
    be book-marking and checking back often!
    bokep jepang