Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Film Night: Ironman 3 with Terri Reed

Today author Terri Reed joins The Pink Heart Society for the Friday Film Night. Take it away, Terri!

Hi, Terri Reed here sharing with you IRON MAN 3. 
I’m a big superhero geek-er-fan.  I read Marvel and DC comics as a kid.  I grew up watching Wonder Twins and SuperFriends cartoons, also Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter and the old Batman TV series. 

So you can imagine how excited I was when the wave of super hero movies started hitting theatres.  And since I have teenagers I have the perfect excuse to go to the movies to see my favorite genre of heroes. 

And being a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan, of course, the Iron Man movies are my favorites!  Though The Avengers movie is a top one, too--had Iron Man in it!

I recently saw the third installment into the Iron Man series and have to say that Iron Man 3 is my favorite.  Even my teen son thought it was the best one of the three.  Son’s comment when asked why, he said the character development of Tony Stark made the movie more enjoyable.  Ah, spoken like the son of a writer.  Hmmm, he must be listening when I talk craft. LOL 

It’s true; the character of Tony Stark shows his humanity and vulnerability in a touching way that made my heart sigh.  As if watching Robert didn’t already make my heart sigh and stutter and go pitter-patter.  I’ve liked the way the three movies have built the romance between Tony and his assistant Pepper, played by Gwyneth Paltrow.  The chemistry between them is believable, which I think is important.
Also starring in the movie are Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley and Don Cheadle.  All fine actors that round out the cast well. 

From IMDb’s website here’s a brief teaser
Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Written by Jawadjee

The trailer does a nice job of hitting the high points without giving too much away.

If you haven’t had a chance to see this fabulous movie you can find it on iTunes or at Red Box.  It would be a perfect way to relax over the weekend.   Well, maybe relax is stretching it since this movies is full of action and adventure and romance!

I have a new release this month.  A novella in a 2 in 1 collection with my friends and fellow Love Inspired Suspense author Shirlee McCoy.

Holiday Hero by Shirlee McCoy 
Emma Fairchild never expected to find trouble in sleepy Sagebrush, Texas. But when she's attacked and left for dead in her own diner, her childhood friend turned K-9 cop Lucas Harwood offers a chance at justice—and love. 
Rescuing Christmas by Terri Reed 
She escaped a kidnapper, but now a killer has set his sights on K-9 dog trainer Lily Anderson. When fellow officer Jarrod Evans appoints himself her bodyguard, Lily knows more than her life is at risk—so is her heart. 

1 comment: