Thursday, October 17, 2013

Random Thoughts: 2nd Romance/Cherish book

I've just handed in my second book for the romance/cherish line.  My working title for the book is Cinderella's Highland Castle.  My story is based on a real castle that is just down the coast from me, Culzean Castle.
It's a beautiful place, first built in the 1500's and Mary Queen of Scots is rumoured to have stayed here.  My children and I visit it frequently.
For my story I've had to change the name to Annick Castle and I've added a few things that aren't in the original castle ie a maze and a gazebo next to the swan pond.
But the rest is all true - from the cannons around the castle

To the sunken gardens and fountain
And the orchid house

Have you ever set your story in a historic building that really exists?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! So looking forward to reading this one. My husband and I walked the Ayrshire Costal path last January (yes, I know, odd month to choose . . . short days & chilly weather - but the views were amazing, the sea so dramatic, and at times we felt as if we were the only people for miles in either direction.) We were very sorry that Culzean was closed the day we walked past. We spent several hours wandering around the outside & up into the woods to the family graves and a return visit is high on our 'must do' list. (We did get to the Burns Museum when it was open - if any other readers are planning a holiday in Ayr I highly recommend it - fantastic.) When will this book be published & available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Ibcbet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Jadwal Bola Hari Ini Klasemen Liga Inggris

    ReplyDelete