Thursday, September 12, 2013

Write Away with Jeannie Watt

You know…I sometimes wonder why my book deadlines always coincide with other stressful events. Every single time. Like now, for instance. When I set this deadline almost two years ago, I had no idea I’d be transferring to a remote rural school, but I did just that and my summer writing time was cut in half as I prepared for my new job.

I’m happy to say I love my new school, which is so small that I’m the junior high and high school Science Departments and the Art Department. I teach four different sciences, two art classes and leadership. Quite a busy day preparing—especially for someone who hasn’t had any contact with certain sciences since college.

And then there’s the book that’s due in two weeks.

*Ahem*.

Yes. The book.

I’m working on it diligently. I’ve found that I can write 500-700 words on the morning commute to school, which is 60 miles away from my house. The drive home is not so productive, because my husband and I need to discuss our day (he’s the Math Department). But once I get home, I settle at the table and try to put out some words. If I don’t change jobs or anything, I should be able to make deadline, but it’ll be tight.


Wish me luck.

Harlequin Superromance author Jeannie Watt lives in rural Nevada and writes fast-paced, character driven stories set in the western United States. To find out more about Jeannie and her books, please visit her website. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, Jeannie! :). You totally amaze me. Both the science and art department...I'm not surprised given your talents ;). Your students are in for an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From MarcieR

    Sending luck.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will pull it off. I have faith in you. I'm hoping that you and your husband are enjoying your new school.

    ReplyDelete