Monday, September 16, 2013

Male on Monday: Tim Tebow

Today we welcome Barbara Wallace to Male on Monday!


Okay, let’s tackle the elephants in the room first. 

He’s doesn’t pass a football all that well and his overt displays of religion can be off-putting to some people.  Let’s face it, for most people, when you say the name Tim Tebow, those are the first two things that come to mind.

But he also looks like this: 
Author: Clemed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0

One of the reasons, I find Tim Tebow so fascinating is because he’s the ultimate underdog.  Since the moment he started playing football, he was told he wasn’t a good enough to play quarterback.  He refused to give up – some would say stubbornly, other’s would say tenanaciously.  As a result, he not only won the Heisman Trophy, he led the Florida Gators to a National Championship.  (Another quick football fact, he’s the only Heisman-winning quarterback to lead a team to an NFL playoff game.)  Not bad for a guy who was told he “wasn’t good enough.”

Then there’s his off the field behavior.  Spending time with sick children before games, taking the time to sign autographs for every single fan.  He’s even building a hospital in the Phillipines!

Oh and did I mention he’s also dyslexic?  That’s right – he has to work doubly hard to read those X’s and O’s. 

Okay,so I’m gushing.  I confess I am a serious Tim Tebow fangurl.  I can’t help it.  It’s like he’s tailor-made hero material.  Think about it for a minute.  If I described the above man anddidn’t give his name, you’d think I was describing the hero from an upcoming novel.  Actually, you’d probably tell me he was too perfect to be a hero and that he needed some kind of tragic flaw.  (Especially after I add in the part where he’s saving himself for marriage.) 

Yeah, come to think of it, Tim Tebow might be too good to be true.  There are those who suspect his is.



But then I think of this  and I’m back to fangurling.
Diorletsgo (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons from Wikimedia Commons

 Because no matter what else you think about him, , I think we can agree – that chest is pretty darn fine.


Barbara Wallace writes for Harlequin’s Romance line and Entangled Indulgence.  Her current release, The Courage to Say Yes has earned rave reviews, including a Top Pick from Harlequin Junkie Reviews.  Her next release is Billionaire Matchmaker from Entangled Indulgence, a novella featuring NYT Bestseller Shirley Jump and RITA nominees Jackie Braun and Susan Meier.  You can find her on Facebook and on Twitter where she rambles about her celebrity crushes, pets and various other neuroses.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of him before, Barb. But he'd make very good inspiration for my gym owner book... ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could introduce you to the man who made "Tebowing" an actual word. :-)

    ReplyDelete