Saturday, August 03, 2013

Writer’s Workspace with Dani Wade

Today The Pink Heart Society welcomes debut Harlequin Desire author Dani Wade who who will share her writer's workspaces with us.

Even as an author myself, I love hearing the how and where of other authors’ processes. Maybe I’m hoping to find the magic answer to where I should write, instead of my current hodgepodge of options. You see, my life consists of a full-time day job, a hubby with his own odd work schedule, 2 kids with various extracurricular activities, too many pets, and a house to keep up. Through necessity, I’ve become an author who writes wherever I can find uninterrupted peace and quiet (if I can have food served to me at the same time, that’s a huge plus!). Depending on the day, you might find me in a variety of places.

On my lunch break, I can usually be found here:



I take my laptop to work and pound out as many words as I can on the short lunch break I get. It isn’t much, but at least I feel like I’m making some progress.

Some days after work, or on the weekends, you might find me here:



Here I can eat, think, and work for uninterrupted hours on end (if I can reach the plug for my aging laptop) without worrying who wants what for dinner. I'm usually joined by my sister, author Ella Sheridan. Thus the dueling laptops! I simply slap on some headphones and enjoy a slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake for inspiration!

At home I’ll most likely be here:



When my hubby is working late and I desperately need to get pages in, I close the office door and insist on not being bothered except for blood and fire incidents (which works for about an hour).

As a last resort, you’ll find me here:



This is actually my favorite place to write, but since it's also the place I love to sleep, my body sometimes gets the two confused. So I only write here when I really, really want the warmth and comfort of my bed.

That’s only a sampling of all the places that you might find me writing, another example of the weird ways I try to make my chaotic life work!

Where’s your favorite place to hang out and be served rich food, a frothy drink, or an awesome story?

Dani

Dani Wade astonished her local librarians as a teenager when she carried home 10 books every week – and actually read them all. Now she writes her own characters who clamor for attention in the midst of the chaos that is her life. Residing in the southern U.S. with a husband, two kids, two dogs, and one grumpy cat, she stays busy until she can closet herself away with her characters once more.
Dani's debut Harlequin Desire, His By Design, hits the shelves this month!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Dani, congrats on your release His By Design was simply fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Dani, thanks for sharing. I love to write outside when the sun shines, because it is a bit of a rarity here in Yorkshire! Then it's back to a pencil and pad, though, because I can't read the laptop screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Dani Wade's workspace, The Pink Heart Society. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete