Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pets and Their Author --Lee McKenzie


Please welcome their royal highnesses, Imilie and Lucy and their lady-in-waiting, Harlequin author Lee McKenzie. Lee writes for the American Romance and Heartwarming lines.


My name is Her Majesty Queen Imilie and I’m a Norwegian Forest Cat.



I am also queen of the castle, aka the home of author Lee McKenzie. As you can see, I’m a tuxedo cat, always dressed in my finest...although I confess to having the occasional bad hair day.



Playing rollerball is one of my favorite pastimes.



I love to shred the cardboard in the middle of this game, and I can really get that ball spinning. And because it makes a lot of noise, I like to play a night, just after the humans have drifted off to sleep. Of course, I have to sleep, too, and what better place to catch a few zzzz’s?



Everyone thinks I sleep on my rollerball because I love it so much, but really it’s because I don’t want to share it with Lucy.



Hello, everyone. My name is Lucy, aka Her Royal Highness Princess Lucy. I’m a Ragdoll and I have the prettiest blue eyes you’ve ever seen. I’m a very picky eater when it comes to cat food, but I will eat almost anything else. Flowers are a particular favorite.


I’m curious about all kinds of things, although sometimes I can’t tell the difference between what’s real and what’s not.



I spend a lot of time in Lee’s office where I like to help with filing and fact-checking, and sometimes serve as a paperweight.




I also like to eat paper, and if it’s scrunched into a ball, I will chase it all over the house.


Imilie, the other cat who lives here, likes to boss me around, but I take my turn at being queen of the castle every chance I get.



And sometimes we get along just fine, especially when there’s enough limelight, and sunshine, to go around.



We hope you enjoyed getting to know us, and we hope you’ll post comments telling us how beautiful we are. That never gets old.

Our lady-in waiting's latest book is:



Harlequin Heartwarming

On Sale May 1, 2013


What can you expect when one person leaps without looking and the other has both feet firmly planted on the ground? A lot of laughs, the occasional disaster, and maybe even a little magic...


MAGGIE’S WAY is available at Harlequin, Amazon or Barnes & Noble.




From the time Lee McKenzie was ten years old and read Anne of Green Gables and Little Women, she knew she wanted to be a writer, just like Anne and Jo. In the intervening years she’s written everything from advertising copy to an honors thesis in paleontology, but becoming a four-time Golden Heart finalist and a Harlequin author are her proudest accomplishments yet. Maggie’s Way, her first Harlequin Heartwarming, was released on May 1, and Daddy, Unexpectedly, her seventh Harlequin American Romance was also out in May. For more about Lee and her books, to sign up for her monthly newsletter, Life in the Slow Lane, and to friend her on Facebook, please drop by her website at


No comments:

Post a Comment