Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Thoughts: Scarlet Wilson Highs and Lows

This last few weeks have been full of highs and lows.

First, the highs.  I got The Call again.  This time from my editor telling me I'd sold to the Romance line.  I was delighted.  I'd written a partial for her a few months ago which wasn't quite hitting the mark.  So, we agreed another story line and I wrote her another partial.  After I sent it to her I kept writing - which was just as well as she wanted the full when she called me to say I'd sold!  My romance book has a scheduled release date for January and is set in New York with a sexy cop hero!

Now the not so good.  I usually keep pretty well but have been unwell for the last few weeks and spent a week in hospital with some more tests and investigations to follow.  If you could pick me up and give me a shake I would rattle with the amount of tablets I'm currently taking!
You'd think the thought of being off work for a few weeks would be a dream come true for a writer.  In fact, it was just the opposite.  I couldn't write a single word.  I just didn't have the energy.  The only thing I could do was read.
I have a huge stack of books next to my door.  I told my other half just to bring me something to read and he picked randomly from the box.  It was interesting to have someone else pick your reading material.  I read some books I've had in that box for a few years.  Some of them were great - some not so great.
So that's it.  The highs and the lows.  I'm looking forward to hearing the title of my first romance book and I'm not looking forward to the further tests I will need.
What's your highs and lows this month?


  1. Huge Congrats on the Romance call, how exciting!! Love the New York setting, did you draw on your lovely trips there? Really sorry to hear you haven't been well, hope you feel better very quickly xx

  2. Sending you a big whooping congratulations on your Romance sale Scarlett (couldn;t happen to a better writer!)... And hoping you get well and are back writing again (selfish? moi?) really soon. x

  3. Thanks Charlotte! So happy to have sold to the romance line! Thanks for the good wishes x

  4. Hi Heidi, thanks for the congratulations, really happy. Here's hoping the health improves soon, nurses make the worst patients!