Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pets and their Authors: Dottie and Jeannie Watt

Today Harlequin Superromance author and Pink Heart Society editor Jeannie Watt talks about one of the loves of her life.

I heart ponies! And if I were more computer savvy, I probably could have put an actual heart in that sentence.

When I was six my mother bought a horse and the guy threw in a 2 year old pony—the beginning of a life-long love affair. Here I am on Bunny in the Sandpoint, Idaho  4th of July parade in an undisclosed year. I won a prize--$1. I was thrilled!

When I married, my mother told my husband that the pony went with me. He thought she was kidding. He realized she wasn’t when she showed up three years later with my pony in the back of her truck. Bunny lived with me for the rest of her days, mowing the lawn and helping raise my kids.

Here I am with Desi and Dottie. Champ is camera shy.

I now have three ponies, Desi, Dottie and Champ. I love them all, but Dottie is my darling. 

She knows she’s special and demands more than her fair share of attention.  The other ponies are all right with that, because they know she’s special, too. Besides that, while she’s busy getting petted, they get more to eat.

Harlequin Superromance author Jeannie Watt lives in rural Nevada and writes fast-paced, character driven stories set in the western United States.   To find out more about Jeannie and her books, please visit her website

No comments:

Post a Comment