Monday, May 13, 2013

Male on Monday: Can you resist Joe Manganiello?

Harlequin Intrigue author ANGI MORGAN shares the hero inspiration for her May release, Cord McCrea from PROTECTING THEIR CHILD. 

Meet Joe Manganiello from TRUE BLOOD & MAGIC MIKE. Now, I'm not a True Blood fan and I haven't found time to watch MAGIC MIKE (what have I been thinking), but who can resist Joe?

I'm an ab gal...and these, they make me melt. My hero in PROTECTING THEIR CHILD has a lot of upper body strength. Readers find out early in the story that for the past three years, Cord has been recovering from a back injury that left him without the full use of his legs for a while.

Born: 12-26-1976
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 6' 5" (1.96 m) 
Some of his roles include:
Flash Thompson, Spider-Man films, ER, How I Met Your Mother, and One Tree Hill. He's the werewolf in True Blood and a stripper in Magic Mike. He's also writing a book on fitness which will be out in January 2014.

Six feet, Five inches. We right about great looking tall men and people think they're fictitious. It's definitely great to see them in real life. While working on Protecting Their Child, I couldn't resist the pictures of Joe's workout from FITNESS MAGAZINE. Very...inspirational. (fanning my hot cheeks) Joe is the backdrop on my laptop and probably will be again. He's the perfect inspiration for many heroes to come.

I love my cover and think Harlequin did a great job. The telescope in the picture is spot-on for the McDonald Observatory. The sky, mountains...Cord is cute and Kate's terrific (although a little more pregnant than in the book >>grin<<).

I will admit...I'd love to see Joe in a cowboy hat. And I will be renting MAGIC MIKE very soon.
~ ~ ~
Angi Morgan writes “Intrigues where honor and danger collide with love.” She combines actual Texas settings with characters who are in realistic and dangerous situations. Angi's work has been a finalist in the Bookseller’s Best Award, Romantic Times Best First Series, Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence and the Daphne du Maurier.
~ ~ ~
Website   Facebook   FB Fan Page   Twitter @AngiMorganAuthr
A Picture A Day   Goodreads  Book Trailers on YouTube

ENTER ANGI'S May contest: register at Rafflecopter through May 31st. 
~ ~ ~
I LOVE MY COVER. But I have to admit that MY image of Cord McCrea is a little more ruggedly mature? Do you think the cover's a bit young looking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment