Monday, March 25, 2013

Male on Monday: Taylor Kitsch aka Tim Riggins


Beard? Or no beard? Romance writers must make those tough decisions. And Pink Heart Society's monthly columnist Jennifer Faye was recently put to the test.


If you can get past the totally ripped six-pack abs, you’ll see hottie Taylor Kitsch aka Tim Riggins of Friday Night Lights is all clean shaven. And though he could definitely be a cowboy hero in any of my books, I wasn’t so sure that Cash Sullivan, the hero in my July debut RANCHER TO THE RESCUE, would be so worried about his appearance. After all, Cash is a two-time World Champion Steer Wrestler. He’s used to spending his time with livestock, not worrying about his appearance.









But would Cash have a full beard? The grown-up version of Tim Riggins sure does and it floored me. I had to do a double and triple take to make sure it was him.

Well ladies, what you do think of him all spiffed up and without his long locks?







As for my sexy cowboy, Cash, I still couldn’t see him with this heavy of a beard and mustache. Besides, I’d think it’d get hot and itchy while working the horses beneath the hot New Mexico sun.

What’s a writer to do? I decided to make a compromise.
 
Some scruff but definitely not a full-fledged beard. ;-) Except for the opening scene, where Cash is all spiffed up…against his will. Of course. LOL.

So what’s your choice ladies: Clean-shaven? Beard? Or scruff?



Before I go, I just wanted to extend to you all an invitation to my NEW website/blog launch at JenniferFaye.com for a week long party, April 1st-5th. There will be entertainment and prizes, including a $50 Amazon GC. So mark your calendars and don't miss it!






Jennifer Faye is hard at work on book #3. Her debut, RANCHER TO THE RESCUE, is available now for pre-order. She’d love to hear from you via Twitter, her website, or Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not generally into beards but admit to writing one hero with a beard. Scruff...depends. Clean shaven is usually yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so stopping by and chatting. I must agree I generally don't write beards. Scruff is more my speed and so are those soft, smooth cheeks. ;-)

      Delete