- 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced finely
- 200g button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini), topped/tailed and diced
- 150 ml water
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 tbs half-fat crème fraiche (or 0% fat Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tbs chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Heat the oil in the pan and stir-fry the chicken until sealed.
Add leeks, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add water, mushrooms, pepper, courgette and tarragon.
Simmer for about 20 minutes – you might need to add a little water.
Add the crème fraiche (if you use the yoghurt, do it literally just before you serve up or it will split).
Serve with plenty of veg for a meal under 300 cals, or add a starch such as quinoa, potato or rice if you have a few more cals to play with.
In the UK, Ballroom to Bride and Groom is in shops right now and The Brooding Doc’s Redemption is still available on the Mills & Boon website. They’re both also available on the eHarlequin website in the US. You can find out more about these books, and Kate, on her website (http://www.katehardy.com/) and her blog (http://katehardy.blogspot.com/)