Thursday, February 14, 2013

HOW DO I LOVE THEE?


Today Pink Heart editor and Harlequin SuperRomance author Jeannie Watt invites your to share some of your favorite quotes about love.

It’s Valentine’s Day, the official day to celebrate love and affection. We all know that people in love celebrate love and affection every day of the year, except for maybe those days when the object of  one's affection leaves one too many dirty gym socks lying about the house. But even though we may not celebrate love during those moments, we are still in love. As a newlywed I pointed out to my new husband that he didn't  say “I love you” very often. He replied, “No, but I think it.” That’s a quote I carry close to my heart. Here are ten more of my favorite quotes about love:

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- Aristotle

Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.
- Dorothy Parker

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
- Zora Neale Hurston

Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
-Lord Byron

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise, and the lips to pucker.
-Unknown

Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.
-Hawkeye, from M*A*S*H

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.
-Rose Franken

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
-Ingrid Bergman

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
-Charles M. Schulz

Please feel free to add a quote about love in the comments section.  

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

xoxoxo Jeannie

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!

    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." _ Dr Seuss

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love is my favorite four letter word, I use if often." Cara Azevedo

    just so you don't think I'm too weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never think you're too weird--a little weird is good though. :)

      Delete
  3. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

    I love this quote so much I recently realised that I've used it on six (!) different scrapbook layouts. Oops. (But on the most recent - a photo from my wedding this summer, it is just perfect. My brand new husband and I are sitting on an overturned canoe on my Mum's beach, looking across the mile-and-a-half wide river towards Quebec. Just lovely. (Though I may be a wee bit biased . . . LOL)

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely quote, Louise. The photo sounds like a perfect representation. I think it should be framed with the quote beneath it.

      Delete