Saturday, January 05, 2013


The Pink Heart Society visits USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly...

Welcome to my freshly cleaned office! Can you smell the Pledge?? Well, I knew there'd be company--Oh, I know we're friends and I shouldn't have gone to the trouble...but there was actually a lost bill and field trip form...anyhoo... here it is, in about all the glory I can muster up for it.

My office.

My all time favorite spot in the house (regardless of whether it's actually clean or not). When I first started writing I didn't have my own space and I'd work at the kitchen counter or on the floor next to my oldest's little infant bouncer. But as my career moved forward (which coincided nicely with DH's job change bringing us back to the Midwest and a house that actually had an office!) I was able to score this sweet space. It has a door!

 Okay, so this is where I write the majority of the time. And when I get a little stressy about how a project is coming along (or not, lol) I've got a few fun things around my workspace that are guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. The action figure one of my greatest friends brought by during a particularly challenging stage of revisions on FRONT PAGE AFFAIR. She taped a little label to the box identifying him as Sam Starett (a HOT Navy Seal from my fave Suzanne Brockmann's TROUBLESHOOTER series) and promised that if things got tough...he'd always get me out of trouble.  And my little collection of kiddie snaps and love notes. Definitely a mood lifter.
 I will admit, as much as I love my office, there are times when I still have more work to do, but I can't stand to be within those walls for another second. That's when I hit the remote office. Living room chair with the iPad. Great for when I'm doing a read through on edits or just need to get a little more count before the night closes out. This way, I can still chit chat with the husband and don't miss out when he's got a particularly compelling bit of MOONSHINERS he want's me to see. (That Tickle, what a nut) (DH's choice in TV is also why I bring the headphones...just in case)

 Here's the thing though, when I'm deep in a story, I tend to be working on it ALL THE TIME. At least with some little part of the brain. So while I'm folding laundry or making dinner or running to the grocery can bet I've got a spiral notebook and pen within reach.
So that's it...time for you to go. Shoo. There's work to be done. Oh wait but before you about a freebie? 

WAKING UP MARRIED (written in this office!) is being offered free in the US to introduce Harlequin's new KISS line.

Grab yours here:
Barnes & Noble
 From USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly comes WAKING UP MARRIED, a free book in Harlequin's brand-new contemporary romance collection--Harlequin KISS.

Her first thought: "Who are you?"
It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well--a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!
Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible--been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!
Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?
"I don't want a divorce."

If you loved WAKING UP MARRIED, be sure to catch four fun, flirty and sensual Harlequin KISS titles available every month starting February 2013!

Thanks for stopping by!! ((Hugs))

For more about Mira...


  1. Oh, I'm jealous. You're much tidier than I am!

    Happy New Year, Mira.

    1. Nas, I am NOT tidier than you are, lol. I just cleaned for like two hours before I took the pictures!! I'm a total clutter bug. Though somehow, I'm able to keep track of my writing notes and needs regardless of the pile up. Now non-writing stuff...eep...where or what all that stuff idea :-)

  2. I love that your office is so tidy, like mine! The neater it is the more work I get done.

    1. Lol, I feel so guilty now. You couldn't actually SEE the desk. So I cleaned. My office looks like this about once every two months, lol. It lasts about a week. And then it...evolves :-)

    2. I have to have pressure, like someone coming in, so I can clean up mine.

  3. Man, I'd love to have an office where I could shut the door and everyone out. I move my laptop from place to place, seeking solitude lol.

  4. Thanks for the peek into your office. I love the writer's work space posts.