Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Learning Curve of the New Author: So Long, Farewell

This will be my last post on the Learning Curve of the new Author.  It seems really hard to believe but in January 2013 it will be two years since I got The Call.  It feels as if it just happened.  So, that means that I really don't qualify as a new author any more.  But never fear, the lovely Jennifer Faye - one of the newest Harlequin Romance authors - will be taking over the column.  Jennifer's first book, Rancher to the Rescue, will be published in July 2013.  She'll be taking you every step of the way with her.
I will be changing to another column - Random Thoughts - which will cover just about everything!
In the meantime, it's got to the end of the year and I've had to sit down and take stock.  I still work fulltime with two young kids so need to look at my time carefully.
I will have four books out with Mills and Boon next year.  An Inescapable Temptation is out in February and I'm really lucky as it is Book of the Month.  I have a duo in August set around the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta.  I also have another Christmas book due for November (but I haven't written this one yet!).  I've also written a book for another publisher.
For the moment, I've agreed to write another three books for Mills and Boon medical next year.  I want to make sure I still have time to enjoy writing and not put myself under too much pressure.
In the meantime, I've been buying Christmas decorations everywhere!  I was in London in September and Harrods, Fortnum and Mason and Buckingham Palace all had their Christmas decorations for sale.  It was like paradise!

Needless to say I felt obliged to buy some!
Thank you to everyone who has commented on my column over the last year and please come back and support Jennifer!
Happy Christmas everyone!


  1. I love your Christmas decorations and look forward to reading your new column.

  2. So so so so so very glad that you'll be writing a new column. Love your writing - both your books and on this blog. Merry Christmas! Louise

  3. I love your Christmas decorations. I'm really happy to hear that I'll get to read more books by you. Merry/Happy Christmas and all the best in the new year.

  4. Merry Christmas! Have loved reading your column and look forward to the new one! All the best for a massively successful 2013 x