Saturday, November 10, 2012

Writer's Workspace: Margaret Daley

 The Pink Heart Society is pleased to visit award wining Love Inspirec Suspense author Margaret Daley

I spend more time in my office than I do in any other room in my house--that's including my bedroom (okay, that may be about the same amount of time--it's hard to say). Because of that, I wanted to make my office comfortable and functional. When I look at the front window, I see the butterfly bush and all the butterflies that are attracted to the flowers. Sometimes the view distracts me.

I used to sit in a chair in front of my desk and use my computer, but even with an eight-hour chair my neck and shoulders would really hurt me. Now I sit on the couch in the picture below and write on my laptop (a MacPro-yeah!),  with my cat, Peppy, gawking over my shoulder because she is sitting on the back of the sofa's cushion. She likes to get as close to me as possible. If I let her, she would wrap herself around my neck.

My husband years ago started taking all of my published books and having them framed. It was a sweet gesture but now we are running out of wall space in my office. Not a bad problem because that means I've written a lot of books (83 to date), but we may have to come up with another place to hang the pictures.

Years ago, I painted my walls hot pink. I wasn't sure how that would turn out, but I really love it. It goes well with my brown bookcases and white trim as well as my personality. I began collecting flamingoes to go with my hot pink walls. I even have a (Christmas) tree with flamingo ornaments on it in the corner. It's left up all year long. Notice next to the flamingo tree is my closet door with a post from Australia. I was at a movie theater when they were giving out those posters. I couldn't pass it up. Hugh Jackman was great in that movie.

A friend sent me a huge flamingo to go with all my little ones. It's come in handy when my four granddaughters come over. They love to play zoo and use all my stuffed animals, including the six foot one.

I have four large bookcases, stacked full of books, and that is after giving over 2000 books to Goodwill. I can't seem to stop collecting books. What can I say? I love books and there's nothing better than a good read. I guess that's why I'm a writer. I was a reader first.

Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of eighty-three books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at Her two latest releases are Shattered Silence (from The Men of the Texas Rangers Series) and Christmas Stalking (Love Inspired Suspense).


Blurb for Shattered Silence:

A serial killer is targeting illegal aliens in southern Texas. Texas Ranger Cody Jackson is paired with a local police officer, Liliana Rodriguez, to investigate the murders. 

While the case brings Cody and Liliana ever closer, the tension between Americans and Mexican Americans heightens. As Cody and Liliana race to discover who is behind the murders and bring peace to the area, what they uncover isn’t what they expected. Will Cody and Liliana’s faith and love be strong enough to survive the storm of violence?


Blurb for Christmas Stalking:

Bodyguard Ellie St. James has one objective: protect her client…without letting her know. Pretending to be Rachel "Winnie" Winfield's assistant lets Ellie stay close, but there's an unexpected complication—Colt Winfield. Winnie's grandson wasn't in on the plans, and the suspicious marine biologist isn't easy to fool. When the truth comes out, so do more threats to Winnie's life. Trapped on a Colorado mountain, Ellie and Colt must trust each other to guard Winnie and find the stalker. Before this Christmas becomes their last.




No comments:

Post a Comment